US Capitol Police refuse to release their own use of force guidelines. Who shot Ashley Babbitt?

Realville

8 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I had a big problem with both.  To be clear, many folks had a problem with the secrecy that was applied in the Capitol shooting when most other shootings have the cop identified in a matter of hours.

My opinion on it is this... you had a bunch of nutjobs storm the capitol.  One of them got killed in a highly publicized shooting.  Since the officer wasn't charged with a crime, I don't at all blame them for doing their best to protect his identity.  I'd think there's a very real chance of some other nutjob trying to come after him (the kind of person that would storm the capitol, maybe?).  He was cleared by a grand jury.  Knowing his identity doesn't do anything for anyone.  If he'd been charged with a crime it would be out there.  

8 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

My opinion on it is this... you had a bunch of nutjobs storm the capitol.  One of them got killed in a highly publicized shooting.  Since the officer wasn't charged with a crime, I don't at all blame them for doing their best to protect his identity.  I'd think there's a very real chance of some other nutjob trying to come after him (the kind of person that would storm the capitol, maybe?).  He was cleared by a grand jury.  Knowing his identity doesn't do anything for anyone.  If he'd been charged with a crime it would be out there.  

Then apply the same logic to officers involved in all shootings, or at least question why it isn't.

It's the media that's protecting this guy, but let a cop make a righteous shooting that saves another girl's life and his nane is out there immediately.

It's also funny how so many call the rioters at the Capitol nutjobs but refuse to do the same when dealing with the blm "peaceful" protesters.

34 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I'm firmly pro-choice and pro-death penalty.  

There's no hypocrisy there.... it makes sense.  

But to stand around and yell "abortion stops a beating heart" and then advocate injecting humans with a cocktail of drugs that stops their heart from beating is just bonkers.  

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

There's no hypocrisy there.... it makes sense.  

But to stand around and yell "abortion stops a beating heart" and then advocate injecting humans with a cocktail of drugs that stops their heart from beating is just bonkers.  

Not bonkers at all...most folks like yourself want to throw out the , well, it says thou shall not kill in the Bible.

Doesn't say that, the Hebrew says thou shall not murder (true interpretation, not take an "innocent" life)

An unborn child can't get much more innocent, while the criminals you speak of have earned their consequences.

If you don't like my explanation, take it up with God.

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not bonkers at all...most folks like yourself want to throw out the , well, it says thou shall not kill in the Bible.

Doesn't say that, the Hebrew says thou shall not murder (true interpretation, not take an "innocent" life)

An unborn child can't get much more innocent, while the criminals you speak of have earned their consequences.

If you don't like my explanation, take it up with God.

Not sure where God addressed abortion in the bible.  I have zero issue taking the life of a criminal who deserves it.  I also have zero issue with someone deciding to terminate an embryo in their own body.  To each his own.  

33 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Then apply the same logic to officers involved in all shootings, or at least question why it isn't.

It's the media that's protecting this guy, but let a cop make a righteous shooting that saves another girl's life and his nane is out there immediately.

It's also funny how so many call the rioters at the Capitol nutjobs but refuse to do the same when dealing with the blm "peaceful" protesters.

I hold both in the same regard.  

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Not sure where God addressed abortion in the bible.  I have zero issue taking the life of a criminal who deserves it.  I also have zero issue with someone deciding to terminate an embryo in their own body.  To each his own.  

He addressed it where he said thou shall not take an innocent life...not sure how it can be any clearer.

He also talks about knowing folks in the womb...you are not created when you are delivered.

Just now, LumRaiderFan said:

He addressed it where he said thou shall not take an innocent life...not sure how it can be any clearer.

Gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.  Anyway, we're way off topic.  I'm happy to discuss this in a different thread sometime.  We haven't had a good abortion debate on here for quite awhile.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I'm sure you consider her a patriot. 

She’s an Air Force veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Not your average American.  I may question her decision to join in the Capital storming, but not ready to question her patriotism, however misguided it may be.  Also, reporting the crowd as armed insurrectionist (you didn’t but some have) is a misnomer.  Only shot fired was by a Capital Officer, killing Ms. Babbitt.  I’m not against Police shooting lawbreakers.  My problem is we have armed insurrectionist/Anarchist controlling parts of several major cities, and no one is doing 💩 about it.  Why aren’t we Shooting them, and the rioters destroying businesses?  If it worked at the Capital, it’ll work in our cities.  Jmo

54 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.  Anyway, we're way off topic.  I'm happy to discuss this in a different thread sometime.  We haven't had a good abortion debate on here for quite awhile.  

Since this is off topic and I don’t want it to stay off topic but I will leave it at this......

I have found that supporters of pro life to be set as such.  I have never witnessed or known of someone being a pro lifer switching over to pro choice.

besides God’s Holy Word .....pro choice argument goes against itself because that life your taking doesn’t get the choice.

what’s there to debate?  You either believe in killing the innocent or you don’t? No debate necessary. It’s really simple. 

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I'm sure you consider her a patriot. 

The title of the thread is the United States Capitol Police refuses to release their use of force guidelines and Who shot Ashley Babbitt. I consider her a military veteran. I smell a lot BS pertaining to her death. 

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

So if your wife killed your unborn baby that you was excited about having because she just did feel like raising it you would be ok with that?

3 minutes ago, Realville said:

So if your wife killed your unborn baby that you was excited about having because she just did feel like raising it you would be ok with that?

Start another thread, I'll have an honest discussion with you about it.  We're really way off topic here.  

11 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Start another thread, I'll have an honest discussion with you about it.  We're really way off topic here.  

You’ve been off topic what does it matter? You just want answer the question. I started this thread so please proceed it want be the first time posters went off topic.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

They’re protecting him so much that they want even release their own use of force guidelines. I promise you if it were a white US Capitol Police Officer shooting an unarmed black BLM protester....Washington DC would be burned to the ground and all names would be released.

1 hour ago, Realville said:

They’re protecting him so much that they want even release their own use of force guidelines. I promise you if it were a white US Capitol Police Officer shooting an unarmed black BLM protester....Washington DC would be burned to the ground and all names would be released.

How right you are!!

15 hours ago, Realville said:

You’ve been off topic what does it matter? You just want answer the question. I started this thread so please proceed it want be the first time posters went off topic.

Those times have at least been loosely related to the original topic.  Start a new thread and I'll answer your question.  I don't have any reservations talking about it.