What the heck Warren: Jacks out

2 hours ago, BH85 said:

He is very intense coach and seems to be a nice guy.  I've refed him at a few of his stops and his players match his intensity on the court and they always seem to love playing for him.  All it takes is the wrong parent to be upset with a coach for there to be issues.

You got that right.  It all depends on the parent with the connections.

Unless there is more to the story.....shame on you school board and Sup.

warren seems to love mediocrity/bottom of the barrel.

16 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I know I’m just 😡. And this the only social network I have.

maybe I need some play dough🤣

I have daughters coming up so it would be been nice for them to have a coach that coaches with intensity.

I understand completely.  It'd be nice if more parents understood the importance of intense coaching.  And CONSISTENT coaching.. meaning longevity.  It's too easy to just get mad about something and run them off.  Blame game.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:57 AM, oldschool2 said:

I understand completely.  It'd be nice if more parents understood the importance of intense coaching.  And CONSISTENT coaching.. meaning longevity.  It's too easy to just get mad about something and run them off.  Blame game.

It s hard for me to even relate to most of today’s parents.  To many wanna be friends with their kids......no life lessons and the word “no” isn’t used enough.

and working for something......shhhhh......what’s that? 

18 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

It s hard for me to even relate to most of today’s parents.  To many wanna be friends with their kids......no life lessons and the word “no” isn’t used enough.

and working for something......shhhhh......what’s that? 

Yeah it's a different time for sure.  I tell people all the times that it's not kids that have changed.  It's the expectations placed upon them by parents that have changed.  As a result.. I think that intrinsic motivation is extremely rare.  When I played there was truly a fire from within to want to improve and do what it took to improve.  Also, nobody's parents questioned the coaching style.  It was just understood that the coach was doing what was best.  I still like to believe that there isn't a coach out there that prefers losing games over winning.

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2021 at 7:58 AM, oldschool2 said:

Yeah it's a different time for sure.  I tell people all the times that it's not kids that have changed.  It's the expectations placed upon them by parents that have changed.  As a result.. I think that intrinsic motivation is extremely rare.  When I played there was truly a fire from within to want to improve and do what it took to improve.  Also, nobody's parents questioned the coaching style.  It was just understood that the coach was doing what was best.  I still like to believe that there isn't a coach out there that prefers losing games over winning.

Just to add to the discourse and truth of the matter:  The parents didn't follow chain of command and went directly to the superintendent and she (supt.) did not send them to the AD to follow protocol.  So what I am seeing here in this thread is basically the truth. Sad but true.

3 hours ago, Sugarbear said:

Just to add to the discourse and truth of the matter:  The parents didn't follow chain of command and went directly to the superintendent and she (supt.) did not send them to the AD to follow protocol.  So what I am seeing here in this thread is basically the truth. Sad but true.

Sounds about par for small town disgruntled parents/fans.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, exsoftballplayer said:

Well, he took a Vidor girls team to the playoff's even if it DID have his mvp daughter on it.....he is a good coach....Parents need to stay out of coaching decisions...PERIOD!!!

Wouldn't that be nice but that isn't the world we live in anymore.  Coaches are getting harder and harder to get these days because they no longer have the autonomy they once had because of these "snow plow parents" who are way worse than the "helicopter parents."  I don't know if this is a fact but I feel that this is true that coaches and teachers are retiring 2 times faster than the colleges are graduating future teachers.  And these "new" teachers/coaches usually don't make a career out of teaching/coaching or even 5 years as a teacher/coach after they see the reality of teaching/coaching these days.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 9:05 AM, Sugarbear said:

Wouldn't that be nice but that isn't the world we live in anymore.  Coaches are getting harder and harder to get these days because they no longer have the autonomy they once had because of these "snow plow parents" who are way worse than the "helicopter parents."  I don't know if this is a fact but I feel that this is true that coaches and teachers are retiring 2 times faster than the colleges are graduating future teachers.  And these "new" teachers/coaches usually don't make a career out of teaching/coaching or even 5 years as a teacher/coach after they see the reality of teaching/coaching these days.   

It falls on admin….as well as school board but then again the board is elected by parents.

i ve been asked numerous times to come to warren to coach because I live there and that s were my kids go…..can’t do it because many of these parents don’t know what it takes to win (as well delusional to what talent they have vs the talent at other schools) and the kicker “I don’t play favorite s, I don’t do parents status, I don’t do politics. 

Character, work, produce and you ll play.

18 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

It falls on admin….as well as school board but then again the board is elected by parents.

i ve been asked numerous times to come to warren to coach because I live there and that s were my kids go…..can’t do it because many of these parents don’t know what it takes to win (as well delusional to what talent they have vs the talent at other schools) and the kicker “I don’t play favorite s, I don’t do parents status, I don’t do politics. 

Character, work, produce and you ll play.

Amen Brother, don't waste your time there your efforts there will always be undermined by the Superintendent and board because they will cower under the pressure from a parent and not the good of the program. I know first hand and now I am elsewhere.