Coaches_coach

candidates for the HF basketball Job

On 5/4/2021 at 5:30 PM, The Dragon said:

Those three guys mentioned have really good resumes.  Who's the best basketball coach of the three?  I'm talking about Saveat, Travis, and Walter Yates...let's not make this about Mitchell!  Two of those guys should be able to keep the Beaumont connections open.

Next question is who is transferring?  Back to United or maybe West Brook?  East Chambers has some cap space available I hear.

Let’s be real though. This influx of kids to HF is really actually hurting HJ. Those are the kids they usually get. I think it’s good for HF to be competitive. 

I personally like the current assistant coach. Coach Cam is young and already has the relationship with my son and the other players. Of 3 named here, only Coach Saveat would fit the makeup of the school and players. Hopefully they keep Coach Cam. I'd like to see that preferably.

46 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

I personally like the current assistant coach. Coach Cam is young and already has the relationship with my son and the other players. Of 3 named here, only Coach Saveat would fit the makeup of the school and players. Hopefully they keep Coach Cam. I'd like to see that preferably.

Ok, that's fair enough, but what does "fit the makeup of the school and players" mean, exactly? Just curious.

46 minutes ago, JayBilas said:

Ok, that's fair enough, but what does "fit the makeup of the school and players" mean, exactly? Just 

Personality wise Coach Saveat is similar to Coach Rideaux and would fit that of the kids and parents coming in from the outside. Many of the kids would be familiar with his name and face being he's the former head coach at Ozen. But like I said the protect fit for the job would be the current assistant Coach. Young and very knowledgeable about the game. Was the JV coach so he's also familiar with all the young talent. He would also be looking to start his own legacy I believe and would be at HF for some years. Coach Knowles, who coached him in high school and is also on the coaching staff, is about as good as it gets as far as wisdom and knowledge to draw from. 

7 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

Personality wise Coach Saveat is similar to Coach Rideaux and would fit that of the kids and parents coming in from the outside. Many of the kids would be familiar with his name and face being he's the former head coach at Ozen. But like I said the protect fit for the job would be the current assistant Coach. Young and very knowledgeable about the game. Was the JV coach so he's also familiar with all the young talent. He would also be looking to start his own legacy I believe and would be at HF for some years. Coach Knowles, who coached him in high school and is also on the coaching staff, is about as good as it gets as far as wisdom and knowledge to draw from. 

Ok, I get it. You are aware that Yates and Williams were also Ozen assistants under Boutte, when Rideaux was a player there, before becoming head coaches right? They have VERY similar approaches and have all been effective as head coaches.  They did interviews with those guys today, so I guess it won't be long now. 

41 minutes ago, JayBilas said:

Ok, I get it. You are aware that Yates and Williams were also Ozen assistants under Boutte, when Rideaux was a player there, before becoming head coaches right? They have VERY similar approaches and have all been effective as head coaches.  They did interviews with those guys today, so I guess it won't be long now. 

I've seen Coach Williams coach when he was at Memorial and unless he has changed his style of coaching, he not going to work there at all. All that yelling and cursing? Them boys will walk off first week of practice. Rideaux got on they butts, but never cursed at them like I've seen and heard about some of these coaches. That's not going to fly there at all. They are use to being coached hard, but these kids aren't in no way form or fashion use to being cursed at. It's not just about Xs and Os, you have to fit the personalities and culture of the school and players.  Parents not going for that either, I can promise you that 🤣