candidates for the HF basketball Job

1 hour ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Huffman was Jacob Harvey lol. He was Timberlake and the rest was N'sync šŸ¤£. Nah but they have solid post player and shooting guard returning. Will be a playoff team but will not have enough firepower on offense to beat HJ or HF. I said HF will win district next year not the next 3 years. Yes HJĀ hasĀ a little more talent up the pipeline then any other in that district right now. HF main post player was hurt and not playing for the first half of district and was getting his legs back under him second half which is why the scores to the games between Huffman and HJ changed dramatically. HF lost both second games in the final few minutes. They were winning in both games. HF gets a guard back healthy who was rehabbing his knee from a torn ACL and didn't play much all year and a player who sat on JV because other coaches in the district were apparently scared of him šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø. I've seen him play this spring, they should have just played against him last year because he's 6'4" looks to be at least 190 if not 200 all muscle, extremely fast, athletic, and can shoot. I don't think he'll have any love or positive feelings towards any team in the district after last years fiasco šŸ¤£

I am a little confused about your comment I put in bold. Here are the scores for Huffman when they played HF:

Jan. 8 - at Hamshire-Fannett, 65-50*

Feb. 2 - Hamshire-Fannett, 67-49*

Ā 

You state that the 2nd game the score changed dramatically. How so?

Also, are you saying that HF was leading late in game with Huffman and then lost by 18?

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am a little confused about your comment I put in bold. Here are the scores for Huffman when they played HF:

Jan. 8 - at Hamshire-Fannett, 65-50*

Feb. 2 - Hamshire-Fannett, 67-49*

Ā 

You state that the 2nd game the score changed dramatically. How so?

Also, are you saying that HF was leading late in game with Huffman and then lost by 18?

I was at both games, neither was ever in doubt. Was the HF player who made the Super Gold team a senior??Ā 

On 4/29/2021 at 1:23 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

HF will have 4Ā returning starters andĀ 4Ā returning bench players plus a top area guard who played JV last year. They also had a lot of young talent that were freshman and sophomore. They will be a playoff team for at least the next 3 years. They winning district next year barring injury.Ā 

Heard just yesterday, the roster whats on paper to return may not be....in the words of Big Perk...Carry On!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Those three guys mentioned have really good resumes.Ā  Who's the best basketball coach of the three?Ā  I'm talking about Saveat, Travis, and Walter Yates...let's not make this about Mitchell!Ā  Two of those guys shouldĀ be able to keep the Beaumont connections open.

Next question is who is transferring?Ā  Back to United or maybe West Brook?Ā  East Chambers has some cap space available I hear.

2 hours ago, The Dragon said:

Those three guys mentioned have really good resumes.Ā  Who's the best basketball coach of the three?Ā  I'm talking about Saveat, Travis, and Walter Yates...let's not make this about Mitchell!Ā  Two of those guys shouldĀ be able to keep the Beaumont connections open.

Next question is who is transferring?Ā  Back to United or maybe West Brook?Ā  East Chambers has some cap space available I hear.

Whose Mitchell?

I would say Yates.

if anyone goes back to BU itā€™s to get a ring while riding the pine.

Ā 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Oh yeah. Yates has had great success in the past and has always kept himself out of trouble. HF should be proud to have his name on the list.Ā 

See,Ā these message boards are designed for cowards to come on here and talk about things they really donā€™t know and make it public without the repercussions of actually facing that person. And thatā€™s ok, because after all, itā€™s a part of it, right? What if people could go back in YOUR life and profession and discuss any and everything that they THINK has happened without really KNOWING the facts and tried to make it into a negative light as you were trying to move forward in your career? That would suck, right?Ā Each of these guys have all dealt with different issues during their careers, and the mere fact that these people are still sought after speaks volumes about who they are today as coaches and as people. I think that when guys come on here and say things that are not true or attempt to demean someone in a sarcastic manner, their real name should be revealed. Itā€™s only fair, right?Ā 
My point is I know these three guys to be excellent coaches and in turn are actually excellent PEOPLE. Your opinions are one thing, but to attempt to dig up their past as if thatā€™s really going to affect their ability to lead now is just crazy. Kind of makes me wonder if you wish you had the opportunity that they are being afforded and maybe thatā€™s your axe to grind. Have you MET either of them? Try that. Talk to them and see if that wonā€™t change your strong opinion of what they have been through in their careers. Just a suggestion. Good luck to each of them, going forward in their careers.Ā 

20 hours ago, JayBilas said:

See,Ā these message boards are designed for cowards to come on here and talk about things they really donā€™t know and make it public without the repercussions of actually facing that person. And thatā€™s ok, because after all, itā€™s a part of it, right? What if people could go back in YOUR life and profession and discuss any and everything that they THINK has happened without really KNOWING the facts and tried to make it into a negative light as you were trying to move forward in your career? That would suck, right?Ā Each of these guys have all dealt with different issues during their careers, and the mere fact that these people are still sought after speaks volumes about who they are today as coaches and as people. I think that when guys come on here and say things that are not true or attempt to demean someone in a sarcastic manner, their real name should be revealed. Itā€™s only fair, right?Ā 
My point is I know these three guys to be excellent coaches and in turn are actually excellent PEOPLE. Your opinions are one thing, but to attempt to dig up their past as if thatā€™s really going to affect their ability to lead now is just crazy. Kind of makes me wonder if you wish you had the opportunity that they are being afforded and maybe thatā€™s your axe to grind. Have you MET either of them? Try that. Talk to them and see if that wonā€™t change your strong opinion of what they have been through in their careers. Just a suggestion. Good luck to each of them, going forward in their careers.Ā 

You know what, you are right. Seriously. Everyone deserves second and sometimes third chances to make things right. I know for dang sure I have gotten them in the past. Thanks for the correction.Ā