Chauvin Verdict is in....

CardinalBacker

• 2 weeks later...

This is the hidden content, please

I thought the comments about Maxine Waters potentially allowing the Chauvin verdict to be overturned on appeal were pretty far-fetched.  This is a completely different story.

One of the jurors who has been out doing interviews apparently attended at least two BLM protests prior to being selected as a juror.  There are photos of him wearing a shirt that reads "Get Your Knee Off Our Necks/BLM" that I believe proves that this juror was anything but impartial.  Also, the fact that he obviously lied about his actions during jury selection is a problem.  He tried to argue in an interview that it wasn't a protest, but rather a "get out the vote" rally that just so happened to have George Floyd's family members speaking, but I think that's not gonna work.  Whether or not an appeal is granted, I don't know... but I firmly believe that one should be.  This is just wrong.  

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I thought the comments about Maxine Waters potentially allowing the Chauvin verdict to be overturned on appeal were pretty far-fetched.  This is a completely different story.

One of the jurors who has been out doing interviews apparently attended at least two BLM protests prior to being selected as a juror.  There are photos of him wearing a shirt that reads "Get Your Knee Off Our Necks/BLM" that I believe proves that this juror was anything but impartial.  Also, the fact that he obviously lied about his actions during jury selection is a problem.  He tried to argue in an interview that it wasn't a protest, but rather a "get out the vote" rally that just so happened to have George Floyd's family members speaking, but I think that's not gonna work.  Whether or not an appeal is granted, I don't know... but I firmly believe that one should be.  This is just wrong.  

Welcome to the new America

On 5/4/2021 at 8:39 AM, CardinalBacker said:

I agree. An appeal should be granted. 
Question: Do you think Chauvin was guilty of a criminal act?

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I agree. An appeal should be granted. 
Question: Do you think Chauvin was guilty of a criminal act?

I could understand a manslaughter charge if the jury was convinced on causation. 

i have no doubt that Chauvin violated Mr Floyd’s Civil Rights. Nobody should die in America with a cop kneeling on their neck until long after they’ve gone on. It was barbaric and unnecessary. 

21 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I could understand a manslaughter charge if the jury was convinced on causation. 

i have no doubt that Chauvin violated Mr Floyd’s Civil Rights. Nobody should die in America with a cop kneeling on their neck until long after they’ve gone on. It was barbaric and unnecessary. 

Agreed.