Chauvin Verdict is in....

CardinalBacker

News says that the verdict will be read at 3:30 this afternoon.   That's very interesting because I didn't think we'd see a unanimous verdict, much less a unanimous verdict this quickly.  My gut instinct is that even if the jury feels that Chauvin is responsible for Floyd's death, they wouldn't be able to agree on which charge this quickly.  It makes me think acquittal, but what do I know?

Anybody else have any thoughts pre-announcement?

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

News says that the verdict will be read at 3:30 this afternoon.   That's very interesting because I didn't think we'd see a unanimous verdict, much less a unanimous verdict this quickly.  My gut instinct is that even if the jury feels that Chauvin is responsible for Floyd's death, they wouldn't be able to agree on which charge this quickly.  It makes me think acquittal, but what do I know?

Anybody else have any thoughts pre-announcement?

I see things the opposite.  In today's social climate I don't think there's any way that 12 people could agree on an acquittal that quickly considering the ramifications.  My guess is manslaughter, but who knows.  I've seen some cops convicted of murder recently where it certainly wasn't the correct charge based on the law.  

36 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I see things the opposite.  In today's social climate I don't think there's any way that 12 people could agree on an acquittal that quickly considering the ramifications.  My guess is manslaughter, but who knows.  I've seen some cops convicted of murder recently where it certainly wasn't the correct charge based on the law.  

Probably. I just didn’t think I they’d agree on a charge. 

10 minutes ago, Realville said:

What!?!? The Democrats are just a sick twisted party.

I mean they are clearly just letting her talk out of her behind these days.  How does no one vet what she is planning to say?  Heads up Nancy - I’m pretty sure my black friends (and family) would just prefer to remain alive....

4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

It’s hard to blame the jury.  I wouldn’t want my house burned and life ruined for voting not guilty.  

A lot of that is on the judge did not allowing a change of venue and sequestering the jury the whole time.  The appeal should be interesting.  

On the facts and law, the Chauvin case was always a close one. He could have been properly convicted. But he did not get a fair trial as everyone from rioters to a member of Congress to the POTUS tampered with the outcome. Today is one of national disgrace - a true insurrection.

4 hours ago, Big girl said:

Cops are not above the law. A world renown Cardiologist and a world renown Pulmonologist said it was murder, not a drug overdose. His police chief  and fellow officers said he didn't follow procedure. Flyod only had trace amounts of Fentanyl in his system at the time of his death. GUILITY 

I’m not saying the Chauvin wasn’t guilty of a crime. I believe he was. But don’t spread lies. His toxicology report showed more than 3 times the level of a fentanyl overdose. He also had methamphetamines & marijuana in his blood. He was freakin hammered high. The truth is none of us were in the courtroom. We don’t know exactly how it went down. I think - just from the little I know - murder 3 and not murder 2 was equitable to the offense. But don’t spread your propaganda and racist lies. YOU and those who spread lies about systemic racism are worse than Chauvin, because you will continue to do harm but never receive justice - at least not here on earth. 

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not saying the Chauvin wasn’t guilty of a crime. I believe he was. But don’t spread lies. His toxicology report showed more than 3 times the level of a fentanyl overdose. He also had methamphetamines & marijuana in his blood. He was freakin hammered high. The truth is none of us were in the courtroom. We don’t know exactly how it went down. I think - just from the little I know - murder 3 and not murder 2 was equitable to the offense. But don’t spread your propaganda and racist lies. YOU and those who spread lies about systemic racism are worse than Chauvin, because you will continue to do harm but never receive justice - at least not here on earth. 

"Systemic racism" is such a perfect Marxist formulation. It delegitimizes an entire society without blaming anyone in particular, so it generates little opposition. It signifies everything and nothing simultaneously. It can't be proven or disproven. It's genius propaganda.

I’ll certainly be surprised if the verdict/trial is not overturned.  Maxine Waters & Joe Biden put the verdict in jeopardy.   Despite whether Chauvin is guilty or innocent, that verdict was partially the result of mob violence.  The whole fiasco, change of venue/sequestered jury, was FUBARed up from the get go.  When mob violence determines guilt or innocence, there is no Justice.   Jmo.

This is terrible.....

Take your feelings out of it

the crime doesn’t fit 2nd or 3rd degree murder

We ve allowed the mob to dictate and actually do the opposite of the law.

talk about losing faith in the system.

my prayers go to all law enforcement.....their job gets tougher each and every day

for all you idiots out there.....just comply