Ref Throws Punch - Gets Body Slammed.

Hagar

I've looked at this video many times.  Ref was wrong for slapping at phone.  Probably wouldn't have even been in that situation had he just left.  But in his defense, the fan was being obnoxious with the camera right in his face.  Technology is so good, he could have recorded this ref from across the court.  Makes me think that fan told the ref something.  cooler heads could have prevailed.  Now the kid that threw the punch, that was definitely out of line.  Fan was probably that girl's dad, but still, can't do that.  

Fan behavior has steadily gotten worse over the last 20 years or so.  I think the pandemic has made it even crazier this year at all levels.  I ref Kindergarten through Varsity and have seen some wild actions by fans and non school coaches this year.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:40 AM, BH85 said:

Fan behavior has steadily gotten worse over the last 20 years or so.  I think the pandemic has made it even crazier this year at all levels.  I ref Kindergarten through Varsity and have seen some wild actions by fans and non school coaches this year.

It’s more than just the pandemic