Port Neches-Groves 7 Barbers Hill 1/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Port Neches-Groves 7 Barbers Hill 1/FINAL
On 4/19/2021 at 5:24 PM, PhatMack19 said:

UIL rule is next available date.  They had a select tourney at PNG this weekend, so I guess Monday was next available. 

Why was it rained out on a turf field on friday lol? Other games in the area took place.

And your kidding me, a district game at the high school was pushed back because of a select tourney? That is awesome.  PNG played their hand well pitching the same cat in back to back game within a week. 

Any idea on why the JV game was cancelled? Seems like undersquad games are being tossed aside easily and not being played too much. You would think for your program and for the kids you would fight to get as many of those games in as you can.....that does not seem to be the case. 

2 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Why was it rained out on a turf field on friday lol? Other games in the area took place.

And your kidding me, a district game at the high school was pushed back because of a select tourney? That is awesome.  PNG played their hand well pitching the same cat in back to back game within a week. 

Any idea on why the JV game was cancelled? Seems like undersquad games are being tossed aside easily and not being played too much. You would think for your program and for the kids you would fight to get as many of those games in as you can.....that does not seem to be the case. 

Whatever pngisd is paying Carter they need to double it. 2017 State title, sweep BH in 2021 & getting by the UIL with a Friday rainout\Saturday select tourney make up game on the following Monday to do it. Legendary status.🤣

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

Whatever pngisd is paying Carter they need to double it. 2017 State title, sweep BH in 2021 & getting by the UIL with a Friday rainout\Saturday select tourney make up game on the following Monday to do it. Legendary status.🤣

don't forget Carter is a JUST a football coach that coaches baseball for the extra money.

Can you imagine how good PNG would be if they hired a REAL baseball coach......

Who was the coach that took PNG to a State Championship and won?  Note to Self:  Research the coach who a won state championship while at PNG, then check those coaches in the hunt for a title this year to determine if any have won a state championship in the last 5 years.

9 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

over 70% chance of rain and thunder storms so BOTH coaches agreed to play Monday because neither wanted to play in bad weather conditions of Friday or Saturday.  

There is a district policy that says sub varsity rainout games can not be made up unless it is done in that week.

Hope that helps clear it up for you.

4 hours ago, . said:

Who was the coach that took PNG to a State Championship and won?  Note to Self:  Research the coach who a won state championship while at PNG, then check those coaches in the hunt for a title this year to determine if any have won a state championship in the last 5 years.

i think Carter is the only one who has ever won a state championship in 5A from this area. Doesn't he have 3 or 4 state championships rings between LA and TX?

28 minutes ago, deuces said:

over 70% chance of rain and thunder storms so BOTH coaches agreed to play Monday because neither wanted to play in bad weather conditions of Friday or Saturday.  

There is a district policy that says sub varsity rainout games can not be made up unless it is done in that week.

Hope that helps clear it up for you.

Funny when BH Twitter posted the info about game being made up it said JV at 4 varsity at 6:30 fir Monday. Guess Denny forgot the rules when he posted that lol

18 hours ago, deuces said:

don't forget Carter is a JUST a football coach that coaches baseball for the extra money.

Can you imagine how good PNG would be if they hired a REAL baseball coach......

Coach Carter was hired as a two time State Championship winning baseball coach by B Faircloth and he is used as a football coach as well. He has 3 SC rings and has won many playoff games as a baseball coach. Other schools in SETX like to use the same coaches by passing them around from school to school. PN-G went out a found a coach who had won multiple SC's before and hires him. By the way he is a heck of a great man as well. 

Coach Carter is a great man. I am very glad my son had the privilege to play for him. Those that talk bad about the man don’t truly know him. He is all about the kids he is coaching. He challenges them constantly makes them work, something some of these kids don’t know how. If you want it he will he will reward you. If you go half a__ and don’t put in the work and expect to play just because of who you are. Well, less just say you will need a pad for your butt because you will have a lot of pine time.

Coach Carter is a good guy. A couple years ago my son dominated PNG. He found him in the parking lot along with Assnt coach Ab and told my son good game and praised him. These guys didn’t have to do that.  They were straight up great guys and respect the game and all players. My .02

Hats off to PNG, they brought it to the Hill this year. Two great programs, as well as Nederland. Nothing but respect from us.

Coach Carter is a great baseball coach and even a better man. He was hired at PNG to coach baseball and he has had much success. When I hear some of these post from people talking nonsense on PNG I just have to smile. In the past few years I have been approached by many people from southeast Texas and Louisiana about when will Coach Carter retire and there is several coaches in our area coaching at some of your schools that would love the opportunity to interview at PNG. I think coach Carter knows that he can stay at PNG as long as he wants and I can assure you the board supports that 100%. Good luck to all the schools in our district in playoffs it has been a very competitive season.