Nederland 20 Beaumont United 1/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Nederland 20 Beaumont United 1/FINAL
21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

One of these days they’ll be a great feeder program in place to get our kids ready for HS baseball. Only so much a coach  can do.  .  Until our school district understands this, we’ll continue getting our tails kicked like this...

A friend of mine would like to know what schools have baseball in lower grades? If that is what your calling feeder schools?

2 hours ago, STiger85 said:

A friend of mine would like to know what schools have baseball in lower grades? If that is what your calling feeder schools?

I think by feeder programs, he means the quality local leagues and even travel teams that feed successful programs. My son is 13 and we're starting to get a little more serious about baseball. In the couple dozen times we've played in Beaumont, I've only seen one team that feeds into United. They were athletic, but were very young where baseball skills are concerned. There are some folks trying though.

5 hours ago, dayton said:

I think by feeder programs, he means the quality local leagues and even travel teams that feed successful programs. My son is 13 and we're starting to get a little more serious about baseball. In the couple dozen times we've played in Beaumont, I've only seen one team that feeds into United. They were athletic, but were very young where baseball skills are concerned. There are some folks trying though.

So, the local Beaumont Little Leagues and the SETX select baseball teams? The thing about baseball is if you want to get better at it, your going to have to work all the time. It's not basketball or football, baseball is all the time sport. If you are willing to dedicate the amount of time to getting better.  

58 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

So, the local Beaumont Little Leagues and the SETX select baseball teams? The thing about baseball is if you want to get better at it, your going to have to work all the time. It's not basketball or football, baseball is all the time sport. If you are willing to dedicate the amount of time to getting better.  

Not sure I understand what you are saying. Is football and basketball sports you don't have to work at all the time to be good at but baseball is?

Not sure I agree with that statement.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not sure I understand what you are saying. Is football and basketball sports you don't have to work at all the time to be good at but baseball is?

Not sure I worded it correctly. 

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Baseball is more difficult to practice or play without a team or big group of kids.  I can walk in any gym by myself and pickup a basketball game.  Football I can lift, run and workout with a small group. You don’t see many pickup baseball games anymore. 

That’s what I think he meant anyways....