Does the Vaccine Work or Not

Hagar

Looked up the Spainish Flu.  Shows 1918-19.   That’s two years for any of y’all intellectually stunted 😂.   So this Covid should be History about Jan of 2022.   But somehow, someway, I’ve a feeling the MSM via the Dem Party, will keep it alive and well.   They’re like a dog with a bone when it comes to power.  They covet it. They love it.  They abuse it.  And why not?  If we’ve learned anything from Covid, their power (edicts) are for regular folks, not for them.  They take “Do as I say, not as I do” to a whole new level.

19 hours ago, Big girl said:

It has a 95% efficacy rate. A vaccinated person can still catch the virus, but won't have a severe case or he may be asymptomatic. There is a possibility that one can transmit the virus to people who are not vaccinated. This is why I still wear a mask, and why I avoid large crowds. I am the only person that lives in my house that is vaccinated, I don't want to risk giving it to members of my family.

Why are you the only one that has been vaccinated?

5 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

You beat me to it @Realville. They had production problems not long ago and had to stop shipments. I wonder if they let more tainted vaccines out then they thought. You know... profits over people.

Big Pharma isn’t worried about profits there just worried about the people. 🙄 Like I’ve said my family and I will depend on our God given immune system. 

15 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

As long as Democrats are in control, it will never be over. It’s a ruse to spend more money and control peoples lives. 

I'm hoping their need to appear to "handle it better than the republicans" will keep them working on eliminating it.  But I'd say there's a decent chance you're right.

14 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

6 people out of 6.8 million got blood clots.  Women taking oral birth control develop these rare blood clots at a much higher rate.  These clots on average occur in 3 to 5 people per million per year.  I'm not really sure what the concern is here.  

If you were one of those 3 to 5 people I’d think you’d be concerned. Maybe Johnson and Johnson thinks there is more than 5 people out there having issues. Johnson and Johnson was concerned enough to halt administering the vaccine.

24 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

47 minutes ago, Realville said:

If you were one of those 3 to 5 people I’d think you’d be concerned.

Can’t argue with that...

Based on my health and my family’s underlying conditions, I’m comfortable rolling the dice as I did with the Moderna vaccine. To each his own though. I don’t have an issue with anyone that DOES or DOES NOT want to take it. I think people should be able to make decisions about their own lives unless it involves killing or harming others (i.e. abortion). I totally believe in the perfect gift of divine healing. But I also believe in the gifts God has bestowed like doctors and medicine. 

1 hour ago, Realville said:

If you were one of those 3 to 5 people I’d think you’d be concerned. Maybe Johnson and Johnson thinks there is more than 5 people out there having issues. Johnson and Johnson was concerned enough to halt administering the vaccine.

that's the whole point, though.  they're occurring at a lower rate among the vaccinated than they do with birth control users.  Are you anti-birth control now?  We're talking about an average of 1 in 1,100,000 recently vaccinated people developing these clots (all 6 cases being women, and likely also birth control users), 1 in 6,800,000 dying from it.  2 out of 100 who contract covid die from it, and you think all of the measures to combat covid are stupid.  go figure.  

The shots are there for those that want, or need them.  A lot depends on the individuals situation.  I’ve had the two shots.  I’m 75 and have underlying health conditions.  It seems like the best thing for me.  If I were still 50, and in the good health I had at that time, I wouldn’t have taken it.  I’m sure there’s old folks that won’t take it, and younger folks that want it.  Each should do what’s best for their wants/needs.

14 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

that's the whole point, though.  they're occurring at a lower rate among the vaccinated than they do with birth control users.  Are you anti-birth control now?  We're talking about an average of 1 in 1,100,000 recently vaccinated people developing these clots (all 6 cases being women, and likely also birth control users), 1 in 6,800,000 dying from it.  2 out of 100 who contract covid die from it, and you think all of the measures to combat covid are stupid.  go figure.  

You can rant all you want but Johnson and Johnson are ones who stopped administering their own vaccine not me. I personally don’t trust the whole vaccine situation but if other people want to take it then that’s their choice. My in laws took it but there over 75 years old. 

5 minutes ago, Realville said:

You can rant all you want but Johnson and Johnson are ones who stopped administering their own vaccine not me. I personally don’t trust the whole vaccine situation but if other people want to take it then that’s their choice. My in laws took it but there over 75 years old. 

Who’s ranting?  I know you don’t trust the vaccine.  Good for you.  I’m just making a point.