Border crisis “goodbye” “hello” gun control

5GallonBucket

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

We also have a .38 revolver that we keep accessible.  My wife likes the simplicity of being able to simply pick it up and pull the trigger.  

No safety or actions to deal with in the middle of the night.

Boils down to what you're comfortable with. 

Shotgun sounds nice from what cardinalbacker said. Looking for a small handgun for the lady also. Anyone can feel free to dm me on the safety (small kids in the house)

45 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Shotgun sounds nice from what cardinalbacker said. Looking for a small handgun for the lady also. Anyone can feel free to dm me on the safety (small kids in the house)

Walther .380 for the lady. They come in lady colors too. My wife has one. She loves it. 

55 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Shotgun is without a doubt a good way to go.

As far as the kid safety, we simply kept them (pistols) stored high and out of reach but still readily accessible.

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

Friend of mine has a Henry lever action 30-30.  Not the best of rifles, but that is the prettiest one I’ve ever seen.  Gold (brass?) colored housing.  If I was affluent, I’d get one just for decoration, lol.

That’s a Golden Boy. American made and will last literally forever. I got one for my son when he turned 13. I engraved his name on it. It’s a fine piece of work. He will pass it down to his son one day the Lord willing.