RIP stevenash

AggiesAreWe

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

After battling a tough bout with cancer, our very own stevenash passed away today. Stan was a great man and a valued member of this site.

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Site will not be the same without him.

Amen.  Prayers for his family and loved ones.  Stan was one of a kind.  

22 hours ago, Law Man said:

Prayers and thoughts to his family and friends on this message board.  I really enjoyed agreeing to disagree with him. He really made this message board special.

This one has been hard to shake.  I knew him before I knew this board existed.  I enjoyed reading stevenash’s posts before I found out stevenash was Stan.  When I did it was quite a trip.  

He loved having discussions on a variety of subjects, politics obviously being one of his favorites.  As you all know, I probably disagreed as often as we agreed.  But I didn’t feel like he ever thought less of me when we did, and I can promise that was mutual.  One thing I appreciated (as I do with some of the others I know here - Hagar, BSW; and some I don’t know personally - LRF, baddog) is that we could disagree and keep it cordial.  We could have different opinions and still respect one another...hell even enjoy one another’s company.  It’s a shame that is becoming exceedingly rare.  

I will miss being reading stevenash’s posts on this site.  I will miss being able to text him when I have a question I know he will know the answer to.  But most of all I will miss that smile of his that he always seemed to wear, a smile that filled his entire face.  Continued prayers for his wife, kids, grandkids, and all of his loved ones. 

27 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This one has been hard to shake.  I knew him before I knew this board existed.  I enjoyed reading stevenash’s posts before I found out stevenash was Stan.  When I did it was quite a trip.  

He loved having discussions on a variety of subjects, politics obviously being one of his favorites.  As you all know, I probably disagreed as often as we agreed.  But I didn’t feel like he ever thought less of me when we did, and I can promise that was mutual.  One thing I appreciated (as I do with some of the others I know here - Hagar, BSW; and some I don’t know personally - LRF, baddog) is that we could disagree and keep it cordial.  We could have different opinions and still respect one another...hell even enjoy one another’s company.  It’s a shame that is becoming exceedingly rare.  

I will miss being reading stevenash’s posts on this site.  I will miss being able to text him when I have a question I know he will know the answer to.  But most of all I will miss that smile of his that he always seemed to wear, a smile that filled his entire face.  Continued prayers for his wife, kids, grandkids, and all of his loved ones. 

Very well said, Hoops.

Continued strength and prayers for the family.

13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Great post TH.   Agree 100%.  

BTW, an interesting bit about steve - When he first moved down here, his first job was at Wickersham Ford in Orange.  if you’re older, you probably remember the ad line “ If anybody can, Wickersham can”.   steve is the one that came up with that.

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Great post TH.   Agree 100%.  

BTW, an interesting bit about steve - When he first moved down here, his first job was at Wickersham Ford in Orange.  if you’re older, you probably remember the ad line “ If anybody can, Wickersham can”.   steve is the one that came up with that.

Yeah, I can still see / hear the guy with the jacked up teeth saying that. Lol. 

I first met Stan when Clay was at Jasper. Jasper had just came down to 3A and entered Huntington’ district. It became a quick rivalry with within the first two years as the four games produced eleven overtime’s. Stan always jokingly referred to the Huntington police as the gestapo. Lol.   He  would often text laughable things to my phone.

We will miss him. The board won’t be the same.  Thoughts and prayers to his family.