Bias Media?

Chester86

4 hours ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Bias media, but then post a Fox News link? Man what?!? 

Okay (against my better judgement) I’ll bite.....where should I get my news.  I typically scour everything from Yahoo (Uber liberal), NewsBreak (which is headlines from all over), KFDM, 12NewsNow, Police One, KJAS and the Tyler County Booster.  As a Christian, conservative, and a hundred other labels people might want to place on me - where (in your opinion) is a reliable news source?  

The article is stating that the majority of the news (coming from the judges opinion) is all one-sided.  Objectively speaking, do you agree?  I tend to be very skeptical of anything outside the local news.  Local news is easily verified.  Breaking news....(insert local business name) had a robbery. It will be covered, therefore somewhat verified by multiple sources.  However statewide and national news is much more difficult to verify.  You know all of this.  So serious question, I should shun Fox News and simply trust CNN?  George Stephanopolous (sp) and ABC news is trustworthy?

4 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Okay (against my better judgement) I’ll bite.....where should I get my news.  I typically scour everything from Yahoo (Uber liberal), NewsBreak (which is headlines from all over), KFDM, 12NewsNow, Police One, KJAS and the Tyler County Booster.  As a Christian, conservative, and a hundred other labels people might want to place on me - where (in your opinion) is a reliable news source?  

The article is stating that the majority of the news (coming from the judges opinion) is all one-sided.  Objectively speaking, do you agree?  I tend to be very skeptical of anything outside the local news.  Local news is easily verified.  Breaking news....(insert local business name) had a robbery. It will be covered, therefore somewhat verified by multiple sources.  However statewide and national news is much more difficult to verify.  You know all of this.  So serious question, I should shun Fox News and simply trust CNN?  George Stephanopolous (sp) and ABC news is trustworthy?

He doesn’t answer questions about truth,fact or common sense. You might be waiting a while for an answer. Good Luck.

18 hours ago, Chester86 said:

ALL news media is biased. It’s the reason for the left vs. right, no compromise, no solution, divisive behavior of most in our country. This divisiveness is promulgated by the news media to keep them relevant. 

One of my favorite things to do is read the comments on the different articles.  You get a glimpse of perspective, personal bias, talking points and trends.  While the right has their fair share of nastiness toward the left, look at most of these articles and you’ll see the left.  The left’s keyboard champions are very aggressive and pretty hostile toward anyone that doesn’t agree.  Granted the site where the article originated from has a lot to do with it, but the majority of comments (from either side) already have their mind made up.  Just an interesting observation and was wondering if anyone else had noticed it.

2 hours ago, Chester86 said:

One of my favorite things to do is read the comments on the different articles.  You get a glimpse of perspective, personal bias, talking points and trends.  While the right has their fair share of nastiness toward the left, look at most of these articles and you’ll see the left.  The left’s keyboard champions are very aggressive and pretty hostile toward anyone that doesn’t agree.  Granted the site where the article originated from has a lot to do with it, but the majority of comments (from either side) already have their mind made up.  Just an interesting observation and was wondering if anyone else had noticed it.

Yes. Most definitely. 

3 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Yep

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

NBC News anchor Chuck Todd dismissed the notion that there is a liberal bias in the media as a Republican talking point that has been repeated so many times that the left now believes it – but he wishes his mainstream media colleagues fought back to combat the theory. 

"I think objectivity and fairness are not the same thing in some ways. You can’t define objectivity as sort of being equal, that we know. You can’t balance the truth, that we know," Todd told The Verge editor-in-chief Nilay Patel when asked how he maintains a sense of fairness. 

"So you have to be fair and have an open mind," Todd added. "Where we did get lost in this, and this sort of happened to mainstream media in particular, is that we did let Republican critics get in our heads, right?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

On 3/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, SmashMouth said:

ALL news media is biased. It’s the reason for the left vs. right, no compromise, no solution, divisive behavior of most in our country. This divisiveness is promulgated by the news media to keep them relevant. 

I agree, Smash. That’s why it is incumbent upon responsible citizens to check sources and read from different points of view before forming their own opinions. Don’t believe it just because so-and-so said it.

8 hours ago, UT alum said:

I agree, Smash. That’s why it is incumbent upon responsible citizens to check sources and read from different points of view before forming their own opinions. Don’t believe it just because so-and-so said it.

Conservatives have been doing that for years, liberals never have.

Why do you think Fox and Newsmax were started and have been so popular?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

This is the hidden content, please

Liberals live in their own little world...and they're always the victim.

Not sure how you say something like this with a straight face.

From the article:

A new book excerpt from former Obama White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer claimed Monday that Democrats' problems with messaging stem from the fact that they are "out-gunned" because "conservative media dwarfs the progressive media in size and scope."