Lumberton 5 vs Vidor 3 Final

VP93....

Vidor up 2 to 1 with bases loaded an Lumberton kid hits grandslam to put them up 5 to 2. Vidor pitcher should have been pulled after bases were loaded. The kid had thrown like 11 balls in a roll at that point. I believe a new pitcher, a new look gets Vidor out of the jam. But you got to give Lumberton credit they made some other great plays during the game to squeeze out a win. Personally I put that loss on the coach. Baseball is a game of failure but the coach can certainly help with that failure. 

47 minutes ago, lsutigers20230 said:

Lol always the coaches fault 

JMO, never said it’s always the coaches fault but in this game that I watched he left the kid on the mound to long in my opinion. I understand letting kids work out of jams but the kid lost control of the strike zone. It happens to the best of pitchers. Your a fool if you don’t think coaching decisions affect wins and losses. They’ll regroup an be better from this loss. The kid is a great pitcher.

1 hour ago, Realville said:

JMO, never said it’s always the coaches fault but in this game that I watched he left the kid on the mound to long in my opinion. I understand letting kids work out of jams but the kid lost control of the strike zone. It happens to the best of pitchers. Your a fool if you don’t think coaching decisions affect wins and losses. They’ll regroup an be better from this loss. The kid is a great pitcher.

Maybe they didn’t have anyone else off the bench they felt comfortable wifh after playing 9 innings Tuesday night 

On 3/19/2021 at 10:14 PM, astros4141078 said:

This has vidor athletics written all over beat bc against arguably the best pitcher in district then lose to lumberton smh so tired of just being average and the community is ok with it

Truthfully, if Lumberton doesn't make a couple of errors in the second, Vidor doesn't score that inning.  But, hey they lost to a terrible Lumberton team.   Good luck the rest of the year.

Hallmark closed the BC game and started the Lumberton game.  Hallmark was throwing a great game till the error on 1st (pick-off attempt in the 4th or 5th), after that the wheels fell off.  After the second walk, McGowan should have came in but coach rolled the dice and those of us that where there know what happened.  All the blame cannot be put on Hallmark or the coaches.  Vidor, did not hit and had a couple errors that ultimately cost them the game.  Its still early in the season and Vidor will be A-Ok.