Port Arthur Memorial schedule

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 10:29 PM, navydawg31 said:

Do you know what Lancaster is returning or about? 

That WR I was talking about top2 was announced tonight, he picking on Friday. Outta Bama and Arkansas, what a coincidence. Phaizon Wilson. 

The other WR Johnson committed to Oregon earlier today. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That WR I was talking about top2 was announced tonight, he picking on Friday. Outta Bama and Arkansas, what a coincidence. Phaizon Wilson. 

One of the few times I wanna see Arkansas get a win. Lol I’m ready for some of the sec teams to close the gap...

On 4/1/2021 at 12:54 PM, BlackShirts5 said:

They good until 1st or 2nd round of playoffs.

IDK man? It's not uncommon to see Lancaster three or four deep in the playoffs. You also have to consider the level of competition they're up there playing.  I mean, they're up there losing to Lone Star, Highland Park and Denton Ryan in the playoffs. That's after playing heavyweight 6As like Duncanville and Euless Trinity in non-district play. I would liken them to a bigger and faster version of Manvel. If they got to play in region 3 they probably would've played for three or four state championships over the last decade. DFW is just on a different level. 

Didn't want to start a whole thread but I figured I'd post this here since PAM plays Lancaster next year. As many of you know, over the years I've been an ardent defender of kids from disadvantaged backgrounds being marginalized on this site and am also a huge advocate of high school football being an avenue to mitigate kids' situations that will often end up in them becoming a statistic that's so frequently highlighted in the political forum. 

SW Dallas County is known for schools like Desoto, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, etc. producing high school state champions in multiple sports but it's also one of the roughest areas in the state. See neighboring Oak Cliff for example. Unfortunately a kid from that area with his whole life in front of him became one of those statistics and never got to take advantage of his opportunity: 

This is the hidden content, please

51 minutes ago, dayton said:

Man... that's really sad. These kids live in an entirely different universe than the one that most kids will ever know. 

Yep, that's the reason I was so vexed after the PNG vs FB Marshall playoff game in 2018 where after they got crop-dusted one of the PNG fans commented something to the effect that "FBM shouldn't be able to move on due to not even having 100 people in the stands for a playoff game." You have opposing fans butt-hurt about things like fan support while the FBM players are making arrangements to attend their teammate's funeral between playoff games. Kids should be commended for overcoming their environmental challenges:

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING: Duncanville assistant Leon Paul is named head football coach at 5A powerhouse Lancaster.

Paul, also the head boys track coach at Duncanville, will replace Chris Gilbert.

Read:

#txhsfb @SportsDayHS @LancasterISD @WEBOrecruiting1 @dctf @ihss_dfw

• 1 month later...

“The way the district worked out last year, we definitely need to test ourselves early. We have two good scrimmages against good teams in West Brook and Nederland." — Memorial coach Brian Morgan

On 3/31/2021 at 10:39 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Pretty sure Johnson is at Desoto now. If his college commitment is like his high school he wont be at Oregon long..

"Our offense starts with the quarterback. That is attributed to how hard (Jah’mar Sanders) worked and grew from his sophomore year to now." — Memorial High quarterback coach Ahmad Smith 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

"Our offense starts with the quarterback. That is attributed to how hard (Jah’mar Sanders) worked and grew from his sophomore year to now." — Memorial High quarterback coach Ahmad Smith 

I’ve talked to Coach Smith several times off record.  He was super impressed with Sander’s progression.  Glad Sanders has someone like Smith working with him.