Allen is open

WOSgrad

They probably ran Gambill off for the same reason Southlake Carroll ran off Hal Wasson, even though Gambill actually won a title. The expectations at the top programs in the DFW are completely different than than the top programs everywhere else in the state except for MAYBE Katy. 

That’s all speculation and Gambill just probably did decide to hang it up. What’s more interesting is that the Allen AD also retired today. I truly believe Westeberg never leaves Allen if Barbers Hill couldn’t have given him a $30k raise and an AD title. Gambill was making around $125k when retired, Westeberg is probably making over $160k at BH right now? Per The Chronicle TW was over $154k in 2019. Just saw him post BH’s offensive coordinator job with 10+ years experience starting a shade under $100k

If Allen decides/d to combine those positions no reason they couldn’t hand pretty much hand pick any coach in the state and give him $175k+ if they choose. District just may be too big for an AD/HFC combination? 

When you start looking around the state and seeing what other districts are investing to try to win football games its pretty eye-opening. SETX is lucky they have the talent they do. 

10 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

President of Hellas Turf and Allen supt (husband/wife) son is JV QB. Word on street is they were giving Gambill all kinds of problems about wanting their son to be the varsity QB and hence the reason he retired. 

I'm not surprised by anything these days.. but making a big deal over a JV quarterback is about as small school drama as it gets.  

3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Pretty sure they are saying he is the JV qb and want him to be the varsity qb next year.

I know what they're saying.  What I'm saying is that at a school that size, personnel changes can turn on a dime and it's the decision that is solely based on the head coach's discretion.  For whatever reason he/she believes will help the team be the most successful. If this is true, just because you took snaps as the JV quarterback in Allen ISD doesn't guarantee that you'll take the snaps as the varsity quarterback the next year.  Allen had a backup QB on their varsity.. I'm certain of it.  Was that kid a senior?  Or.. there's absolutely no telling who may transfer into Allen's school district for a variety of reasons between now and the start of the season.  

If this is true at all.. to give the head football coach a hard time at Allen High School over the last year's jv quarterback and whether or not he may be the varsity quarterback is ABSURD.  Whoever the football coach is will play the best possible option that Allen has at quarterback.  At least I hope that's the case. If this is true, I officially hope that the kid is NOT the varsity quarterback next year. 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

I know what they're saying.  What I'm saying is that at a school that size, personnel changes can turn on a dime and it's the decision that is solely based on the head coach's discretion.  For whatever reason he/she believes will help the team be the most successful. If this is true, just because you took snaps as the JV quarterback in Allen ISD doesn't guarantee that you'll take the snaps as the varsity quarterback the next year.  Allen had a backup QB on their varsity.. I'm certain of it.  Was that kid a senior?  Or.. there's absolutely no telling who may transfer into Allen's school district for a variety of reasons between now and the start of the season.  

If this is true at all.. to give the head football coach a hard time at Allen High School over the last year's jv quarterback and whether or not he may be the varsity quarterback is ABSURD.  Whoever the football coach is will play the best possible option that Allen has at quarterback.  At least I hope that's the case. If this is true, I officially hope that the kid is NOT the varsity quarterback next year. 

I don't think you'll find anyone who will argue with you that it is absurd. It sounds like people in Allen are pretty upset about it all. May be interesting how this all ends up

16 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I don't think you'll find anyone who will argue with you that it is absurd. It sounds like people in Allen are pretty upset about it all. May be interesting how this all ends up

I have no doubt that folks are upset.  This isn't a very "Allen" thing to do.  As I stated earlier.. this is some small town bullcrap. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That's a good hire, if he stays for awhile. 

If history is any indicator he won't. Did stay at Stephenville for 5 years but I'd imagine since he's back in the high school ranks that when Randy Allen finally leaves Highland Park then Morris leaves Allen too?