Who’s your all-setx sports top players/coaches

You have to give the COTY to David Green.  Period.  

Top 5 Players:

Terrence Arceneaux (MVP)

Wesley Yates

Brock McClure 

Ernest Caesar

Jacob Harvey

If we bring in Houston schools, then obviously Hart and Stewart from Atascocita, Abram from summer creek and Bradford from GCM might replace some on this list.  But not at MVP - that’s been Arceneaux all year. 

11 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I think Sutherland and Mitchell should be in that conversation not a given for green. They were expected to win it all moving down. 

If that’s your logic then same goes for Mitchell. Lumberton has reaped the benefits of 4A. Scott Barrett should win it over him.  Went further, and smoked them in the playoffs. 

But, I agree it should be Green. 

12 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I think Sutherland and Mitchell should be in that conversation not a given for green. They were expected to win it all moving down. 

46 minutes ago, bballfan342 said:

If that’s your logic then same goes for Mitchell. Lumberton has reaped the benefits of 4A. Scott Barrett should win it over him.  Went further, and smoked them in the playoffs. 

But, I agree it should be Green. 

Somebody seems to be fishing for compliments.  Green, Barrett, Todd Sutherland, and Sigler are all wayyyyy more deserving than Mitchell.  Lumberton did win the district, but they also had the only division one player in the district and he's more responsible than anything.  And you can put a monster asterisk next to that championship because that aint happening if Covid didn't wipe Silsbee out.  Playoffs showed what would have happened if they played again.

I like TXHoops player list.  Spot on.

40 minutes ago, The Dragon said:

Somebody seems to be fishing for compliments.  Green, Barrett, Todd Sutherland, and Sigler are all wayyyyy more deserving than Mitchell.  Lumberton did win the district, but they also had the only division one player in the district and he's more responsible than anything.  And you can put a monster asterisk next to that championship because that aint happening if Covid didn't wipe Silsbee out.  Playoffs showed what would have happened if they played again.

I like TXHoops player list.  Spot on.

Lumberton wasn’t even picked to make the playoffs lol lumberton beat Silsbee at Silsbee. 

I don’t think anyone is saying that you, oops I mean Mitchell, didn’t do a good job. A D1 player, especially at the 4A level makes a huge difference. If anyone should take a slight for not being picked to make the playoffs, it should be McClure. That means the coaches of the district didn’t feel he was as good as he actually was. 

40 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Lumberton wasn’t even picked to make the playoffs lol lumberton beat Silsbee at Silsbee. 

You got to stop with Lumberton wasn’t picked to make the playoffs.  Just because some numb nuts didn’t realize a team with a D1 player wasn’t going to be a top 2 team in THAT district doesn’t mean anything.  Other than a lack of knowledge on said numb nuts’ parts

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

You got to stop with Lumberton wasn’t picked to make the playoffs.  Just because some numb nuts didn’t realize a team with a D1 player wasn’t going to be a top 2 team in THAT district doesn’t mean anything.  Other than a lack of knowledge on said numb nuts’ parts

No doubt!!! Lumberton used that as motivation they took that as a slap in the face. 

37 minutes ago, lsutigers20230 said:

Coach Foster from Big Sandy deserves  consideration, any of those guys deserve it. Great year from a lot of these teams around here. BC coach also had a great but all those names above are good names. 

If we are going with who did the most with what he had this year, Kevin Foster is your guy.  But that is the case in many years.  This area is blessed with a tremendous amount of coaching talent at the HS level.  

1 hour ago, Sportsdoctor said:

I think Tyler Jackson needs an honorable mention. Without him Nederland wins 6 games maybe

For sure.  It is really tough naming 5 (but I don’t like lists with 10, etc).  The only three who HAVE to be on the list are Arceneaux, McClure and Harvey.  You could make a strong argument for Tyler in place of the other two on my list.  

15 hours ago, TxHoops said:

You have to give the COTY to David Green.  Period.  

Top 5 Players:

Terrence Arceneaux (MVP)

Wesley Yates

Brock McClure 

Ernest Caesar

Jacob Harvey

If we bring in Houston schools, then obviously Hart and Stewart from Atascocita, Abram from summer creek and Bradford from GCM might replace some on this list.  But not at MVP - that’s been Arceneaux all year. 

I like this list I would have to add PJ Haggerty from Crosby as well. 

19 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Cut it out. David Green is CLEARLY COTY alone and with no competition for that honor for 2021. Stop it.

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

The only Coach that won the State title this year should be the one to get it.

That’s certainly a legitimate argument but if there was any honorable mention it would have to go to Barrett from Huffman. He made it to the state championship game with a club full of role players and a floor general. Coach Green is one of the best in the area and deserves every accolade he gets this year, his staff is second to none as well!! 

23 hours ago, TxHoops said:

And I am not putting Mitchell down because he is obviously an excelled coach.  But put McClure on any other team in that district and they finish top 2.  He was that much better than everyone else not wearing a silsbee jersey. 

To be fair, this statement could be said about most of the coaches I've seen listed.  Take their "guy" off the team and it's a COMPLETELY different outcome.  EC had a guy.. Huffman had a guy.. HD had a guy.. Lumberton had a guy.  Remove said guy from the roster and is the coach even in this conversation?

Btw.. I HATE these conversations.  There are probably coaches in the area that accomplished things (though not significant) with absolutely nothing.  It's much easier to win games with the best player(s).  What about teams that are competitive when they shouldn't be?  That's the sign of a good coach also. 

27 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

To be fair, this statement could be said about most of the coaches I've seen listed.  Take their "guy" off the team and it's a COMPLETELY different outcome.  EC had a guy.. Huffman had a guy.. HD had a guy.. Lumberton had a guy.  Remove said guy from the roster and is the coach even in this conversation?

Btw.. I HATE these conversations.  There are probably coaches in the area that accomplished things (though not significant) with absolutely nothing.  It's much easier to win games with the best player(s).  What about teams that are competitive when they shouldn't be?  That's the sign of a good coach also. 

Yes but it’s a “little” different with McClure.  When you have a 6-6 wing who can handle it and shoot it and he’s the only D-1 in the district (other than Silsbee’s freshman or two that look like future D-1s, it makes an even bigger difference.   But your point is well taken in general.