Beaumont United 71 Dallas Kimball 70/FINAL-OT/BEAUMONT UNITED-CLASS 5A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

Congrats BU on one great season.

You have represented the former Ozen High School. You have represented the former Central High School. Now that you have established your own identity I hope Central/Ozen alums will stop talking about "what it was" and focus on "what it will be". I'm looking forward to more success.

20 minutes ago, 87JAG said:

You have represented the former Ozen High School. You have represented the former Central High School. Now that you have established your own identity I hope Central/Ozen alums will stop talking about "what it was" and focus on "what it will be". I'm looking forward to more success.

THIIIIIS!!!!  I’m sick of it!  

On 3/13/2021 at 12:50 AM, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Congrats BU what a way to win this game and overcome adversity... Now I got to ask this question is that shot is just as significant as North Shore beating Duncanville on the hail mary drive anyone?

I’ve had over a day to think about this. I’m still going with that NS catch.  That was nuts!

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’ve had over a day to think about this. I’m still going with that NS catch.  That was nuts!

I don’t know about that, but I respect your choice.

Arceneaux, made two shots that I never saw coming. Both times I really thought the game was over. The first I actually was congratulating some Kimball fans. Well yOu can imagine their faces when we tied it, then won it. On two incredible shots. Oh yea, they looked like they had been had, lol.

it was priceless. Well of course, they didn’t return the congrats, lmao. It was an experience all Wolves fans should’ve experienced. Damn it was good.

28 minutes ago, BigWolf10 said:

Arceneaux, made two shots that I never saw coming. Both times I really thought the game was over. The first I actually was congratulating some Kimball fans. Well yOu can imagine their faces when we tied it, then won it. On two incredible shots. Oh yea, they looked like they had been had, lol.

it was priceless. Well of course, they didn’t return the congrats, lmao. It was an experience all Wolves fans should’ve experienced. Damn it was good.

Yea, I saw the live stream and I heard site’s broadcast.  It sounded absolutely maddening in the ‘Dome!

36 minutes ago, BigWolf10 said:

1 minute ago, rc2182 said:

I was in a similar situation, but the guy from Kimball actually was a good sport about,congratulated us and said he was looking forward to seeing us against them next year. That was an awesome game to watch that was like an emotional rollercoaster, proud of the team the 409 and support received.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, I saw the live stream and I heard site’s broadcast.  It sounded absolutely maddening in the ‘Dome!

You couldn’t hear yourself talk after that second shot. The place erupted. It was fun. Arceneaux will have one of those academies lurking for him this off season, I’ll bet.

I didn’t realize how impressive his highlights were til I saw the highlights. That dunk over their Big. 💰💰💰

2 minutes ago, BigWolf10 said:

You couldn’t hear yourself talk after that second shot. The place erupted. It was fun. Arceneaux will have one of those academies lurking for him this off season, I’ll bet.

I didn’t realize how impressive his highlights were til I saw the highlights. That dunk over their Big. 💰💰💰

Yep.  And he almost had another one on the kid with the gold dreads but he fouled him at the rim...

Now that it's been mentioned, what are the odds of Arceneaux going to an academy school?

I'm of the belief that if you're good you'll get noticed no matter where you play. Not sure how much an academy school really does for some of these kids.

and that first 3 pointer was definitely the best. I just knew BU was about to lose when he took that shot.

14 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Now that it's been mentioned, what are the odds of Arceneaux going to an academy school?

I'm of the belief that if you're good you'll get noticed no matter where you play. Not sure how much an academy school really does for some of these kids.

and that first 3 pointer was definitely the best. I just knew BU was about to lose when he took that shot.

I'd stay right there at United unless that squad named Montverde called, and even then probably best to stay put. He was already getting D1 offers, after that State Championship game im sure his stock has risen, after this AAU season he'll have a really good healthy list of schools to pick from for the next level. 

On 3/13/2021 at 10:10 AM, 87JAG said:

I’m looking forward to another matchup against them. But I would incourage Green to implement a man to man press or a all out press defense. It allowed them to stay in the game. It was clear our players were uncomfortable. And also a press team hates to be pressed. They stole a lot of our inbound passes.

but, yea another matchup with them would be fun.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

I had a brief conversation with one of his relatives.  Arceneaux is a loud proud Timberwolf.  He’ll play all 4 years for the same school.  He’ll Follow the same path as his big cousin did a few years back at Central.  

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Most of the time, the academy schools help with academics (I.e., getting a kid qualified).  Terrence was noticed long ago.  He’s been playing on a sneaker circuit since he’s been in HS.  That’s where the elite kids get their looks now anyways.  College coaches aren’t in the middle of their season and can watch kids play with and against basically all D1 players.  There will be dozens of D1 coaches at each and every one of his games there (which is why he already holds several high major offers).  

He arrived long before SA.  He was already a national top 100 player.  He just caught some people up there. 

But to the original question, going to a prep school won’t do anything for him from an exposure standpoint.   And he comes from a wonderful, grounded family.  His momma and daddy are going to want to enjoy having him home his last year of high school and rightfully so.  He’s an amazing, fun loving kid.