Beaumont United

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

A legitimate argument.  They’d have finished as undefeated state champs at 31-0, Same record as 2001 Ozen with Big Perk...

I think next year will be better Than this year.   Mainly undefeated because of Covid Schedule... not being able to play top competition across the state 

54 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

I think next year will be better Than this year.   Mainly undefeated because of Covid Schedule... not being able to play top competition across the state 

I mean, you play who’s in front of you.  Cream always rises to the top, so you’ll eventually face the top tier talent the farther you go into the playoffs.  And remember, EVERYONE had a weird Covid schedule.

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The starting lineup only Hs one senior. So 4 starters return.  1st off the bench is a freshman, 6’4”. .  He returns.  Put it like this.  I believe we only have 2 Seniors on the team.  1 starter other a bench player...

Yup.  They’re losing their fifth leading scorer and two other seniors who combined for 43 points on the year.  Not even sure if one of them is still on the roster.  They’re going to be better next year than this year 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The starting lineup only Hs one senior. So 4 starters return.  1st off the bench is a freshman, 6’4”. .  He returns.  Put it like this.  I believe we only have 2 Seniors on the team.  1 starter other a bench player...

What freshman is 6'4"?

I think that 01 Ozen team was better than this years BU team but, remember that Ozen team was Nationally ranked so that’s nothing to be ashamed of. Now next years United team might have an argument of best ever out of Beaumont, only time will tell. Better question, how does this BU team stack up against the P.A Memorial team that won state a few years ago? I think BU would beat them. It by how much?

Come on are you REALLY going to make this a discussion? The 2001 Ozen was definitely the best ever to come out of Beaumont, and its not even close. The Hebert teams in the 80's rank 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but this years BU team is benefitting from the Covid schedule and from being dropped in classification. They are really good and will probably win the 5A title tomorrow, but if you put this team up against Austin Westlake or Duncanville, they would not be the clear favorite and would likely get beaten convincingly this season being so young.  I hope they win it all though! 

1 hour ago, JayBilas said:

Come on are you REALLY going to make this a discussion? The 2001 Ozen was definitely the best ever to come out of Beaumont, and its not even close. The Hebert teams in the 80's rank 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, but this years BU team is benefitting from the Covid schedule and from being dropped in classification. They are really good and will probably win the 5A title tomorrow, but if you put this team up against Austin Westlake or Duncanville, they would not be the clear favorite and would likely get beaten convincingly this season being so young.  I hope they win it all though! 

I agree that the 2001 team was on another level, that team was possibly 12 deep , but I disagree with the idea that this team benifited from Covid they played who was put in front of them .People tend to forget the 01 team beat the #1 5a team that same year . It really is hard to compare the two but if I had my choice I would take the 01 team all day no comparison.