7 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

Has a Team ever won the football and basketball state championship in the same school year??? 

Westlake has a chance to do that Saturday

also anyone know if these games are being televised ?

Question 1:  I am sure it has been.  I think Allen did it recently in 6A and I believe it happens with some frequency in the smaller school ranks.

Question 2:  The 6A game will be televised on Fox Sports Southwest.  The other games will be video streamed on NFHS Network.  Of note, SETXsports, pending approval of credentials by the UIL, will do audio broadcasts of the Beaumont United/Dallas Kimball 5A State Championship Game on Friday at 7 and the Huffman Hargrave/Argyle Class 4A State Championship Game on Saturday at 2.

23 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Question 1:  I am sure it has been.  I think Allen did it recently in 6A and I believe it happens with some frequency in the smaller school ranks.

Question 2:  The 6A game will be televised on Fox Sports Southwest.  The other games will be video streamed on NFHS Network.  Of note, SETXsports, pending approval of credentials by the UIL, will do audio broadcasts of the Beaumont United/Dallas Kimball 5A State Championship Game on Friday at 7 and the Huffman Hargrave/Argyle Class 4A State Championship Game on Saturday at 2.

Canadian did it.

On 3/10/2021 at 1:22 PM, TxHoops said:

Argyle has a chance to do it as well. 

So if Duncanville Wins this year, can they claim a 3-Peat

2018-2019 Duncanville

2019-2020 Duncanville (UIL indicated that all 4 teams can claim a share of the title) Jim Hicks stated today that each school that made it to the Semi - Finals last year can claim the State Title.  

2020-2021 Duncanville or Westlake 

That also means Yates can claim a piece of the title last year, Jack Yates State Champs 4A ???  

55 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

So if Duncanville Wins this year, can they claim a 3-Peat

2018-2019 Duncanville

2019-2020 Duncanville (UIL indicated that all 4 teams can claim a share of the title) Jim Hicks stated today that each school that made it to the Semi - Finals last year can claim the State Title.  

2020-2021 Duncanville or Westlake 

That also means Yates can claim a piece of the title last year, Jack Yates State Champs 4A ???  

I know it was especially hard on the kids last year.  But we all got cheated too.  That had all the makings of an epic matchup.  

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I know it was especially hard on the kids last year.  But we all got cheated too.  That had all the makings of an epic matchup.  

That whole trip had a strange overhang on it. You could feel it in the air. What few games we observed I was checking updates on my phone more than watching the games. Hoping for normalcy to return.