Beaumont United 82 Leander Glenn 57/FINAL/ANYBODY GOIN' TO SAN ANTONE?/UNITED IS!!!

7 hours ago, Topdawg25 said:

WAS REGION IV THAT DOWN THIS YEAR ?  OR UNITED JUST TOO GOOD ? 

I think it’s a combination of both.  BU played a REALLY good game and it seemed like Glenn had not game planned for BU at all.  They gave BU things that they thrive at.  On offense, Glenn had too much one on one ball.  On defense, they played the bullfighter defense.  But Glenn won their region so no doubt the argument can be made that the region was weak.

On 3/9/2021 at 6:51 PM, TxHoops said:

I predicted 77-51.  My margin of victory was only off by 1.   What is incredible to me is how focused they have been all year, especially given it is really still a relatively young team.   I don’t think it matter whether it’s Kimball or Amarillo...BU plays like that and they aren’t losing.  

And one thing about the Dallas teams when they play Houston teams...I think a lot of times they out-tough them.  That’s a belief that is held by many by the way.  But when they play Beaumont or Port Arthur, that ain’t happening.  

Congratulations BU beat the snot out of north Texas ..this year regardless of classification  they have been the best team in the entire gha and will probably be for the next two years  ... bruh I got mad love for Beaumont .. family has history there in that area  .. one of the old high school’s Charlton- Pollard is named after one of my family members ( charlton).  No insult on you But that out-tough statement sounds really present-minded and  sheepish bruh..don’t forget  ( most of the time it’s SUBURBAN Houston schools that beat the TOUGH Beaumont , inner city Houston , and port Arthur schools to get out of the gha/ reg3.  ..true Dallas gets up to play Houston .. Houston is its older and bigger brother so of course they’re gonna come hard ..but ask ur sources and urself this ...  if the dfw schools are able to out tough the Houston schools  then why doesn’t it work in football ? 

3 hours ago, bayou city 713 said:

Congratulations BU beat the snot out of north Texas ..this year regardless of classification  they have been the best team in the entire gha and will probably be for the next two years  ... bruh I got mad love for Beaumont .. family has history there in that area  .. one of the old high school’s Charlton- Pollard is named after one of my family members ( charlton).  No insult on you But that out-tough statement sounds really present-minded and  sheepish bruh..don’t forget  ( most of the time it’s SUBURBAN Houston schools that beat the TOUGH Beaumont , inner city Houston , and port Arthur schools to get out of the gha/ reg3.  ..true Dallas gets up to play Houston .. Houston is its older and bigger brother so of course they’re gonna come hard ..but ask ur sources and urself this ...  if the dfw schools are able to out tough the Houston schools  then why doesn’t it work in football ? 

Not a slam on any school in particular and doesn’t apply to every school.  But is an observation made by several basketball guys I know.   Houston kids are often more skilled but also softer than the DFW schools.  Houston plays more suburban basketball (with certain exceptions like Yates) while Dallas basketball has more of an inner city feel.  It is what it is or maybe it’s a perception that I and others are wrong about.  

As far as it working in football, are you trying to claim that Houston has more success in football championships than DFW?  Because that isn’t perception - that’s just patently false.  Katy has an amazing program and North Shore has been really good of late.  But as a whole, the Metroplex has held over us for years.  

But for the record, football or basketball, I will always root for H-town over that place up north.  

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Not a slam on any school in particular and doesn’t apply to every school.  But is an observation made by several basketball guys I know.   Houston kids are often more skilled but also softer than the DFW schools.  Houston plays more suburban basketball (with certain exceptions like Yates) while Dallas basketball has more of an inner city feel.  It is what it is or maybe it’s a perception that I and others are wrong about.  

As far as it working in football, are you trying to claim that Houston has more success in football championships than DFW?  Because that isn’t perception - that’s just patently false.  Katy has an amazing program and North Shore has been really good of late.  But as a whole, the Metroplex has held over us for years.  

But for the record, football or basketball, I will always root for H-town over that place up north.  

I can see where you are coming from ...That Atascocita vs desoto state title game left a bad taste in peoples mouths..Atascocita was out toughed  but most teams are gonna mirror their coaches... some of the elite team u won’t know wether  they are intimidated or not because the coaches don’t allow them to be mouthy on the court... I’ve watched green coach a lot at north shore and  have watched BU on the court maybe 3 or 4 times these last two years have rarely saw his players murmur a word .. same as with the coach at Yates ..

but as far as football the no dfw hasn’t done anything in years in 6a ... they have won 2 out of 12 championships in the last 6 years