PNG gets new DC

Coach85

19 hours ago, Coach85 said:

Just heard PNG just got a new DC. Haven’t heard who are where from yet. But, I will find out and give out details.

KIng  from North Texas area..On that note is PNG the only school paying a Boys AD/head FB coach and girls AD that coaches golf.  

That's a LOT of $$$

1 hour ago, Whoa said:

KIng  from North Texas area..On that note is PNG the only school paying a Boys AD/head FB coach and girls AD that coaches golf.  

That's a LOT of $$$

Just my 0.02 cents.  I'm not being critical of anyone's opinion, but...Barbara Comeaux has earned the right to stay at PN-GISD as Girls AD/Golf Coach for as long as she decides to get out of bed and put on purple and white.  If there was a Mount Rushmore at PN-G, she would be on it.  She is worth every penny that PN-GISD pays her and then some.  She is one of the strongest pillars there is upholding the core values of PN-GISD:  Honor, Pride, and Tradition.

Share more info/intel about the new DC.  Inquiring minds want to know.  Here's to Jayce Nelson either staying with PN-G to learn under a mentor, or if he is moving on, here's to him landing somewhere that is a great fit for him and his family.  I've never been a coach, and I can't imagine that my livelihood depended upon 15-18 year old kids.  Need good/great coaches, but also need ballplayers.  Jimmys and Joes have a lot to do with how good a coach is or isn't.

Go Indians.  Peace.

11 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Just my 0.02 cents.  I'm not being critical of anyone's opinion, but...Barbara Comeaux has earned the right to stay at PN-GISD as Girls AD/Golf Coach for as long as she decides to get out of bed and put on purple and white.  If there was a Mount Rushmore at PN-G, she would be on it.  She is worth every penny that PN-GISD pays her and then some.  She is one of the strongest pillars there is upholding the core values of PN-GISD:  Honor, Pride, and Tradition.

Absolutely! How many AD’s have passed through while she has remained? How many straight years did her volleyball teams make the playoffs? How many state championships? Oh, and she happens to have more career victories than any other volleyball coach in Texas history. She still does a lot more than coach golf. A lot of schools have girl coordinators/AD’s. 

9 hours ago, JSnipes said:

Absolutely! How many AD’s have passed through while she has remained? How many straight years did her volleyball teams make the playoffs? How many state championships? Oh, and she happens to have more career victories than any other volleyball coach in Texas history. She still does a lot more than coach golf. A lot of schools have girl coordinators/AD’s. 

Thanks, I had no idea that most schools have Girls ADs in addition to a Boys AD.

She certainly deserves it, no question about it.  I dont follow volleyball but her name is always mentioned as the Gold Standard of High School Volleyball coaches.

3 hours ago, Whoa said:

Thanks, I had no idea that most schools have Girls ADs in addition to a Boys AD.

She certainly deserves it, no question about it.  I dont follow volleyball but her name is always mentioned as the Gold Standard of High School Volleyball coaches.

I wouldn’t say most, but there is a lot. Much more common when you get out of our areas.

21 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Do we know anything about his previous success on defense? Any salary info? 

KLINT KING: 1 year, 0-10-0
---staff, Richland Hills---
2019  Liberty-Eylau               0-10-0

Not sure how his defense looked.  Not sure if he's ever coordinated a defense.  Maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

45 minutes ago, Reagan said:
KLINT KING: 1 year, 0-10-0
---staff, Richland Hills---
2019  Liberty-Eylau               0-10-0

Not sure how his defense looked.  Not sure if he's ever coordinated a defense.  Maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

Looks like from that same site they scored 152 and gave up 480 on the season. 

12 hours ago, Broncos2447 said:

Not gonna matter who their dc is. It could be Ray Lewis and they still would be like sliced cheese. Nothing will change until they play both ways. Period. 

I don't know this answer.  But here's the question:  How many players go both ways at Carthage, Aledo, Westlake, and Highland Park?  Just to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 9:18 AM, Reagan said:

I don't know this answer.  But here's the question:  How many players go both ways at Carthage, Aledo, Westlake, and Highland Park?  Just to name a few.

Short answer-it depends

Non-District-  maybe 2 or 3 will play rotate in every now and then on both sides (rare). Coaches just trying to see which position they play better. But they dont start both ways. 

District- maybe 1 kid will start on defense and get some reps on offense but he is mainly a defensive player.

Playoffs- maybe  2 or 3 of the skill kids will switch sides if it is a big play or a very good team (rare that we move lineman unless its goaline)