Duncanville Defeats Waxahachie @ Waxahachie

Last nights battle of the titans between defending 6A champ Duncanville and #1 ranked Waxahachie took place in Waxahachie’s own gym.  D’ville coach David Peavy and Wax coach Greg Gober flipped a coin to decide who would host the regional final, with Waxahachie obviously winning that toss.  Unfortunately for the Indians, it wasn’t enough as Duncanville advanced to the state semifinals for the 3rd straight year. 

It got me to thinking - although this is highly unusual it isn’t unprecedented.  The Mojo of Odessa Permian used to love flipping for home or home in the football playoffs.  It is an interesting concept vs two teams fan bases traveling to Houston area (as happens here occasionally).  

Peavy’s logic is kids today are used to playing in gym’s all over the country so there’s no such thing as home court advantage.  I suppose as long as tickets are equally divided (and your kids are high level players like D’ville - I.e., playing all over in summers), he may be right.  Certainly last night he was. 

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Last nights battle of the titans between defending 6A champ Duncanville and #1 ranked Waxahachie took place in Waxahachie’s own gym.  D’ville coach David Peavy and Wax coach Greg Gober flipped a coin to decide who would host the regional final, with Waxahachie obviously winning that toss.  Unfortunately for the Indians, it wasn’t enough as Duncanville advanced to the state semifinals for the 3rd straight year. 

It got me to thinking - although this is highly unusual it isn’t unprecedented.  The Mojo of Odessa Permian used to love flipping for home or home in the football playoffs.  It is an interesting concept vs two teams fan bases traveling to Houston area (as happens here occasionally).  

Peavy’s logic is kids today are used to playing in gym’s all over the country so there’s no such thing as home court advantage.  I suppose as long as tickets are equally divided (and your kids are high level players like D’ville - I.e., playing all over in summers), he may be right.  Certainly last night he was. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but I wonder what kind of difference that might have made at least shooting wise for my Tigers last night.  Although we don’t always shoot our best at home either.