Huffman Hargrave 62 Silsbee 56/FINAL

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I'm kind of curious if he'll be suspended for that.  It was super dirty, and broke the kid's wrist.  HJ had a player get suspended for his actions against a HH player that cost them their first round playoff game, and I had a lengthy conversation with a HH coach in another thread about it.  I'm curious to hear if HH did anything about this.  

It is my understanding that if the refs had called a flagrant foul he would of been tossed from the game.  If he had been tossed maybe the outcome would of been different. Who knows?   I doubt if he will be suspended now.   That whole HH team is rocked up from spending time in the weight room. That is fair.  If an opposing player tries to get a rebound he gets worked over.  That's probably how the HJ player got into a fight.  The HJ player threw a punch so he got suspended.  I will leave that there.  I am curious what the HH coach had to say.

1 hour ago, EliteTiger said:

It was a dirty hit! Didn't even make a play for the ball. yeah-Kuddos to Huffman they won...but that is not acceptable! Period!

After seeing the replay yes it was and should have been called an intentional.  I havent said anything about the officiating in the game as i didnt want to be seen as making an excuse etc.  but there were definitely some things i would question as far as the officiating especially after hearing a few things.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

It is my understanding that if the refs had called a flagrant foul he would of been tossed from the game.  If he had been tossed maybe the outcome would of been different. Who knows?   I doubt if he will be suspended now.   That whole HH team is rocked up from spending time in the weight room. That is fair.  If an opposing player tries to get a rebound he gets worked over.  That's probably how the HJ player got into a fight.  The HJ player threw a punch so he got suspended.  I will leave that there.  I am curious what the HH coach had to say.

The kid who fouled the Silsbee kid hard played less than 1 minute of the entire game.  He didn’t go back in after the foul. 

4 hours ago, ST413 said:

After seeing the replay yes it was and should have been called an intentional.  I havent said anything about the officiating in the game as i didnt want to be seen as making an excuse etc.  but there were definitely some things i would question as far as the officiating especially after hearing a few things.

So minus the hard foul you think the refs favored Huffman?  Just curious because I believe that’s what your saying.

Was the foul on Harvey late in the game intentional when Silsbee player wrapped arm around him and pulled him down?  If not no worries just curious.

16 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Yates press full court, the ref’s don’t call every foul. The losing team usually doesn’t get all the calls to go their way. Ask Yates Fans 👍🏿😂😜🏀

No one has answered my questions.

1) was Harvey intentionally fouled?

2) simple question do teams that full court press foul more than teams who do not?  I have watched Huffman play a lot this year.  I don’t remember seeing a player from Huffman get 4 or more fouls and that’s playing 7 players. Has Silsbee fouled less in the majority of the games they played?  Based on the last several posters Silsbee must foul less than opponents.  I seriously don’t know the answer. 

18 minutes ago, Kris_Gilmore said:

No one has answered my questions.

1) was Harvey intentionally fouled?

2) simple question do teams that full court press foul more than teams who do not?  I have watched Huffman play a lot this year.  I don’t remember seeing a player from Huffman get 4 or more fouls and that’s playing 7 players. Has Silsbee fouled less in the majority of the games they played?  Based on the last several posters Silsbee must foul less than opponents.  I seriously don’t know the answer. 

1) No intentionally foul, good old basketball 

2) Yes teams that apply a full court press (Yates) usually commit more fouls 

3) This is mainly a Silsbee thread

4) Usually the losing team will cry/complain about the foul count

5) It is what it is in sports 🏀  

11 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

1) No intentionally foul, good old basketball 

2) Yes teams that apply a full court press (Yates) usually commit more fouls 

3) This is mainly a Silsbee thread

4) Usually the losing team will cry/complain about the foul count

5) It is what it is in sports 🏀  

👌🏻 

2 hours ago, Kris_Gilmore said:

So minus the hard foul you think the refs favored Huffman?  Just curious because I believe that’s what your saying.

Was the foul on Harvey late in the game intentional when Silsbee player wrapped arm around him and pulled him down?  If not no worries just curious.

At least he didn't linebacker slam him into the goal post stansion.

I am not complaining all i said is there is a few things i would have questioned.  Were there some calls i felt were missed of course there always are.  One of the ones i would have questioned had no effect other than possibly adding one foul to that 5 and i guess possibly putting a player in a little foul trouble but i dont know if he even had any.  And i wont make any more comments other than to say what i was told ,and it had nothing to do with Huffman itself, would put more questions there.

13 hours ago, Kris_Gilmore said:

You have to remember, when talking to these folks, Silsbee never loses. They only get beat by dirty play and crooked refs. 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Someone seems bitter towards Silsbee.

I actually wish Silsbee well and actively root for them, as I do any team from SETX making a run. The reality is, there are many Silsbee posters who cannot admit when they just got beat (football or basketball) and make excuses. Sorry for painting with a broad brush, but much like HD55 causes a stigma for other HD posters, those posters cause a stigma for all Silsbee posters. 

On 3/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, 2wedge said:

I actually wish Silsbee well and actively root for them, as I do any team from SETX making a run. The reality is, there are many Silsbee posters who cannot admit when they just got beat (football or basketball) and make excuses. Sorry for painting with a broad brush, but much like HD55 causes a stigma for other HD posters, those posters cause a stigma for all Silsbee posters. 

Realist post I've read on this thread yet, heck maybe even of the year thus far, had to wade through the mess to find it but here it is. Couldn't just say we lost cause we shot poorly and HH played well, GG we'll be ready again next year. Can't blame them though, they're fans which we all know is short for fanatics.