Huffman Hargrave 62 Silsbee 56/FINAL

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

Stick with the program Jared.  Everybody has one of those games.  More stuff & names can be discussed but I won't.  Great season.  I enjoyed this team totally.  Best wishes to all the Seniors as well.

Everyone had an off night now and again.  He has carried a big part of the load all season and even more so in the playoffs.  Looking forward to all this young man will do in the future.  And he isn’t the only one.  Saw Jones make big strides this season and expect him to be that inside force the next couple years.  Williams plays big inside as well.  Haynes will be big as a sr next year.  Bottleys defense is going to be huge.  And what can you say about Miller,  hopefully he won’t have a nagging injury holding him back next year.  That will be scary!!

Harper, Jones, Miller and Harris were the regular starting lineup. All freshman and sophomores. Gilder was the lone senior starter.

Silsbee might actually be even younger next year. Those 3 freshman that were on the team this year weren't the only ones that could play. I'd expect at least one or two more of those kids to get moved up. Also might have two current 8th graders that'll make the team.

I was very impressed with Silsbee last night.  Especially Miller.  He carried that team yesterday.  Coach Sig deserves to be district coach of the year, regional coach of the year, and state coach of the year for what he's done with all these young guns.  They are going to be a nightmare to deal with for a long time.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Everyone had an off night now and again.  He has carried a big part of the load all season and even more so in the playoffs.  Looking forward to all this young man will do in the future.  And he isn’t the only one.  Saw Jones make big strides this season and expect him to be that inside force the next couple years.  Williams plays big inside as well.  Haynes will be big as a sr next year.  Bottleys defense is going to be huge.  And what can you say about Miller,  hopefully he won’t have a nagging injury holding him back next year.  That will be scary!!

Did Miller play after the big hit er foul?  If so he played with stitches & a broken wrist.

48 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Did Miller play after the big hit er foul?  If so he played with stitches & a broken wrist.

Yes he played in didnt think there was either of those a band aid on his chin but saw him give a thumbs up to someone in the stands that he was good after halftime

I'm not hyping Miller's youth or the team's prospects for the future.  I am marveling how tough he is regardless of his age.  Someone brought up basketball is a contact sport.  But if the guy can't clear air enough to block a lay up let it go. Going to state is not worth  maiming the opponent.  That was a football linebacker hit.  You can mess some one up for life like that.  

21 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Y’all need to slow your roll on the Tigers. Everyone knows they are young but we gotta give the other club credit. They won the ballgame and they are pretty young as well . 

Man just like they boo us when we came out we don't care about Huffman.! And we don't haft to give credit to no one..! Let us meet up again next year Silsbee by 20 and I'm saying it now..! And Lumberton for that matter.! I hope Bornie smash Huffman..! Thank you come again..! 💨🏘🐅🏀

13 minutes ago, Who That said:

Man just like they boo us when we came out we don't care about Huffman.! And we don't haft to give credit to no one..! Let us meet up again next year Silsbee by 20 and I'm saying it now..! And Lumberton for that matter.! I hope Bornie smash Huffman..! Thank you come again..! 💨🏘🐅🏀

Who boo’d yall? This is a game thread on a regional final that Huffman won. Reading this post game stuff you’d think the Tigers won. Silsbee will be favored next year over Lumberton and Huffman but last night the better team won, give em their credit. They earned it. 

8 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Who boo’d yall? This is a game thread on a regional final that Huffman won. Reading this post game stuff you’d think the Tigers won. Silsbee will be favored next year over Lumberton and Huffman but last night the better team won, give em their credit. They earned it. 

I wasn't at the game. I saw it on a stream. I don't know who boo'd who.  I know they had some sorry refs calling the game if that was not a flagrant foul.  They got a striped uniform and a whistle.  Do your job.  As for who has the younger team next year, blah blah, I'm not hyping that.  They may have their linebackers and safeties in pads next time. 

14 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

I realize you have to be otherworldly to play ANY level of college hoop, but is the Jacob Harvey guy from Huffman going anywhere?

If he was taller he could be a D1 player.  I could definitely see him being a contributor on a D2 or D3 squad next year.  

*edit: his Twitter says he’s committed to Trinity 

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I wasn't at the game. I saw it on a stream. I don't know who boo'd who.  I know they had some sorry refs calling the game if that was not a flagrant foul.  They got a striped uniform and a whistle.  Do your job.  As for who has the younger team next year, blah blah, I'm not hyping that.  They may have their linebackers and safeties in pads next time. 

I didn’t see the foul I was just listening. Miller was playing his rear end off before that foul.