Huffman Hargrave 62 Silsbee 56/FINAL

54 minutes ago, Byrdiug said:

Do not know what silsbee has coming up, but they need some type of post presence in a big way. They may be able to out athlete teams with great guard play, but eventually size inside or lack of, I should say, will continue to catch up to them. Boards and ability to contest layups isn’t there for a state championship caliber of team. Outstanding run for this group, regardless. 

Tiger rim defense has been bad for a long time. Even in the years they were going to state it wasn't good.

I'm hoping we take one or two of our upcoming freshmen next year and let them know what their main job is.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well, if you would have told me Silsbee would go 2/28 from 3 line, I would have said they lose the game by 20.

I certainly would have thought it would have been more than 6. I picked Huffman by 8 but I thought Silsbee's 3 ball would keep them in it. I think at one point you mentioned getting away from the 3 for a few possessions and finding a rhythm . That probably would have been given them a chance to regroup and get in a groove.

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well, if you would have told me Silsbee would go 2/28 from 3 line, I would have said they lose the game by 20.

THIS!   Any team that shoots 2 for 28 in a regional final you would expect them to get run out of the gym.  And most years, in most regions, they would.  If they had gone 2/28 against Yates they would have lost by 20-30. 

36 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Am I wrong to think it's kind of tacky that the moment Silsbee lost tonight (and I mean not more than three minutes afterwards) schools in their district starting posting the all district teams?

Lumberton was the first (not more than 3 minutes after it went final).

Just saying.

They were hoping Silsbee lost, me thinks they wont be doing that next season 😁

I luv good shooting form.  I can't do it, but I know it when I see it.  And it doesn't just happen.  You gotta practice your technique.  Jacobs has obviously been working on his skills.  Huffman is a well coached team.  They may take the first game.  It would take some CGI, or cinema veritae to pull off the 2nd.  But who knows?  The game mathematically has to be played.

2 minutes ago, underdog15 said:

I believe the turning point in the game was 3 things 

1. Miller being took out the air 

2. Jones being rolled up on loose ball hurting ankle

3. The loose ball foul on Jared Harris when Tiger down 1 he get that’s ball Tiger had 2 wide open for layups 

That foul on Miller was flagrant.

13 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee was 2/28 from 3point line.

Harris had a terrible night. 3 points (after averaging 21 in the playoffs) and going 0 for 10 from 3 line.

Let's not Single out anybody Mike. With you being one of the Admins, lets do a better job with that. Just got a call from a parent, message me if you would like and we'll talk about it. He's just a freshman and we all have had bad nights. Stuff happens !! Be proud of this young group and we all know they will be in this situation again.

Phenomenal run by the young Tigers.   Possibly a first for a team that young to play for a Regional Title.  Historic run for Huffman, having never been this deep before.   Good luck to Huffman going forward.  I doubt Silsbee will need any luck next year, but their opponents will.

15 hours ago, whsalum said:

Harvey is the ultimate team player. He does it all and does it well. He lets the opposition pick their poison and makes everyone around him better. I think everyone is kinda getting blinded by the young Tigers. I know the Falcons wouldn't have won this ballgame without Harvey but their next 6 players were underclassmen. They aren't gonna fall off the face of the earth next year. They should match up well against Boerne and could very easily win that ballgame. They do it in a very methodical way but it's a way their coach has them buying into. I don't think they'll have a shot in the title game but I would never have dreamed a month ago when they left Sour Lake they'd be in the state tournament. Congrats to Silsbee on fine season . It's time to give Huffman their due. They are a good ballclub. They are what their record says they are !!

They have kids all the way down to 6th grade that are gonna keep them relevant for years to come. Maybe not State Tournament relevant but definitely a competitive squad.

The basketball program has grown by leaps and bounds under Coach Barrett. In addition several of these kids play AAU ball together in the off-season all the way down to 6th grade. 

That was a great game last night. I was really impressed with Silsbee. 

3 hours ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

Let's not Single out anybody Mike. With you being one of the Admins, lets do a better job with that. Just got a call from a parent, message me if you would like and we'll talk about it. He's just a freshman and we all have had bad nights. Stuff happens !! Be proud of this young group and we all know they will be in this situation again.

Stick with the program Jared.  Everybody has one of those games.  More stuff & names can be discussed but I won't.  Great season.  I enjoyed this team totally.  Best wishes to all the Seniors as well.

3 hours ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

It’s a message board... not like he said he is a terrible player or something. Let’s have a little thicker skin.

3 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

It’s a message board... not like he said he is a terrible player or something. Let’s have a little thicker skin.

3 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Some of those parents don't understand that it is a message board.  Stuff from last season comes to mind.

18 hours ago, ST413 said:

Yes we will definitely miss both Gilder and Baltrip.  Baltrips speed and hops reminded me of Barnes out there although overall on the court I think he was the better of the two.  Gilder showed some good leadership this season while coming up with pay after play!  Congratulations guys on your next adventures!

We’re Guilder and Baltrip starters?  Listing to the broadcast they played a major role. I saw somewhere that Silsbee starts two freshmen and two sophomores?

8 minutes ago, no-look said:

We’re Guilder and Baltrip starters?  Listing to the broadcast they played a major role. I saw somewhere that Silsbee starts two freshmen and two sophomores?

Baltrip was usually the first sub kind of a utility mostly an inside threat.  Like Barnes a few years ago undersized down low but plenty of speed and jumping ability.