Huffman Hargrave 62 Silsbee 56/FINAL

15 minutes ago, Who That said:

Great season Silsbee Tigers...! Congratulations Huffman. If Silsbee could of made just a quarter of there shots they had it.. Will be back here next year ..! 😁🐅🏀

It truly is amazing the game came down to the end as poorly as they shot it.  Congrats to the Falcons though. 

8 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Silsbee needs...more presence in the middle.  I’ll leave it at that.

They'll likely get it next year. Depends on how fast some of our new editions develop next season.

Did pretty well for a rebuilding year. Just picked a bad time to go to brick city tonight.

I have enjoyed watching Gilder Jr and Baltrip. They played a heck of a season and even better in the playoffs. Hate to see them graduate but they will.mlve on to bigger and better things. Im excited to see Silsbee grow up this fast. If we remember, 2014-15, Silsbee lost to Houston Sterling in the Regional Finals. The next 3 years were awesome. Im hoping for a similar type run.

7 minutes ago, Roadrunner54 said:

This was my first time watching Huffman. Can somebody tell me how they pulled this one out? When tigers made a run I for sure thought it was over. 

People keep asking this.....yet the Falcons keep winning.  Isn't it about time we admit that Huffman might be pretty good?

47 minutes ago, HasBeen36 said:

Have they been open looks or is Huffman making things difficult?

Tough night for a bad shooting night.  An off night by a couple key Tigers.  Good defense by the falcons but most shots missed were shots I have seen the Tigers knock down.  On one instance we missed tree straight point blank outback’s that would have pulled us within one late in the game.  Some poor choices here and there but that’s part of being young.  Couldn’t be more proud of my guys you got right back to where we belong even though no one really gave you a chance!

Yes we will definitely miss both Gilder and Baltrip.  Baltrips speed and hops reminded me of Barnes out there although overall on the court I think he was the better of the two.  Gilder showed some good leadership this season while coming up with pay after play!  Congratulations guys on your next adventures!

Do not know what silsbee has coming up, but they need some type of post presence in a big way. They may be able to out athlete teams with great guard play, but eventually size inside or lack of, I should say, will continue to catch up to them. Boards and ability to contest layups isn’t there for a state championship caliber of team. Outstanding run for this group, regardless. 

Silsbee cleared the way for Huff by taking out Yates.  A championship is beyond them but winning the semi-final is a definite possibility due to the seeding.  Whatever they're going to do they better do it now because Harvey is a senior.  They wouldn't have won this game without him at the helm.  Every Falcon played like they knew he was on that court and he was.  He never sat down.  He couldn't. 

Now if they want to advance again he's going to have to play the game of his life.  On paper Boerne is a kind of copy of Huff but a little bigger and a little better.  I think he and they have it in them.  We'll see.

55 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Huffman has a good team their next game will be tough though good luck to Huffman I would love to see Huffman vs Faith Family in the State Title game.

Faith Family appears to be The New Team to bet in 4A, Yates will have to up their game next year.  Faith Family will reload next year

Harvey is the ultimate team player. He does it all and does it well. He lets the opposition pick their poison and makes everyone around him better. I think everyone is kinda getting blinded by the young Tigers. I know the Falcons wouldn't have won this ballgame without Harvey but their next 6 players were underclassmen. They aren't gonna fall off the face of the earth next year. They should match up well against Boerne and could very easily win that ballgame. They do it in a very methodical way but it's a way their coach has them buying into. I don't think they'll have a shot in the title game but I would never have dreamed a month ago when they left Sour Lake they'd be in the state tournament. Congrats to Silsbee on fine season . It's time to give Huffman their due. They are a good ballclub. They are what their record says they are !!

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee was 2/28 from 3point line.

Harris had a terrible night. 3 points (after averaging 21 in the playoffs) and going 0 for 10 from 3 line.

I mentioned that yesterday. The Tigers had to hit some of those or they were in trouble. Some nights it just don't fall.