Hardin Jefferson vs. Boerne Predictions

Boerne just upset 1 of only 2 teams in the state that I thought were possibly better than HJ.  That said, they're REALLY GOOD.  Boerne has 4 losses on the year.  One to a 5A regional finalist Georgetown by 3 points, one to SA Clark that ended the season 17-2 and could've made it to state (lost by 3 to the team representing their region in the state semis), and twice to Fredericksburg, who they just upset to face HJ.  This is going to be the toughest opponent (by quite a margin) that HJ has faced since they played Summer Creek mid-November.  Two silver linings: 1. HJ still got a bit of a break dodging Fredericksburg, who should've won against Boerne, and is better than Boerne.  2. HJ has been sloppy the last two games, and got tested twice when they probably shouldn't have. The hawks got two reminders of how to play in close games at just the right time.  I'll take HJ by 8, but I'm really nervous about this one.  HJ has to clean it up some.  If they play like they did against China Springs and La Vega there's a really good chance their season ends.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Boerne just upset 1 of only 2 teams in the state that I thought were possibly better than HJ.  That said, they're REALLY GOOD.  Boerne has 4 losses on the year.  One to a 5A regional finalist Georgetown by 3 points, one to SA Clark that ended the season 17-2 and could've made it to state (lost by 3 to the team representing their region in the state semis), and twice to Fredericksburg, who they just upset to face HJ.  This is going to be the toughest opponent (by quite a margin) that HJ has faced since they played Summer Creek mid-November.  Two silver linings: 1. HJ still got a bit of a break dodging Fredericksburg, who should've won against Boerne, and is better than Boerne.  2. HJ has been sloppy the last two games, and got tested twice when they probably shouldn't have. The hawks got two reminders of how to play in close games at just the right time.  I'll take HJ by 8, but I'm really nervous about this one.  HJ has to clean it up some.  If they play like they did against China Springs and La Vega there's a really good chance their season ends.  

Excellent analysis!!!

15 hours ago, bullets13 said:

The head of the snake for Boerne is their PG. They also have a very solid big.  However the pg is only 5'4 or 5'5 and in their losses this season struggled against length, which is a strength of HJ (length at the guard position). Boerne is very methodical in what they run and they run it well.  Foul trouble will be a factor in this game. Quite sure Boerne will play zone against HJ to try to take away the effectiveness of HJ's guards. If HJ's defense can dictate the pace of this game then HJ is favored. Both teams run similar offenses so that should be interesting, HJ has a better overall roster but the little things will be huge in this game.