KATY PAETOW VS BEAUMONT UNITED PREDICTIONS

34 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

PAETOW STARTS 4 KIDS ABOUT 6-0 AND UNDER.

Oh that's not good at all. BU by 20 if that's the case. I see a lot of second chance put backs for the Wolves unless that one kid is an absolute monster. I'd try to get him in foul trouble early.

Just now, Tigers94 said:

Oh that's not good at all. BU by 20 if that's the case. I see a lot of second chance put backs for the Wolves unless that one kid is an absolute monster. I'd try to get him in foul trouble early.

He is big but out of shape. We weren't even really running the floor and he was huffing and puffing. They threw a couple lobs dunks to him and he got a few put backs. KP has a G #3 talks ALOT. 

BU by 25.

Parts of this conversation remind me of the first state basketball tournament game I ever saw in person.  One team had two little Hispanic kids, two little white kids and one really tall (large) black kid in the middle.  It was Shaquille O'neal. All the four other kids needed to do was break the press and get it to the big man. Lol.

10 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Parts of this conversation remind me of the first state basketball tournament game I ever saw in person.  One team had two little Hispanic kids, two little white kids and one really tall (large) black kid in the middle.  It was Shaquille O'neal. All the four other kids needed to do was break the press and get it to the big man. Lol.

Who on earth on this team do you compare to the Shaquille I saw in high school?

3 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

I didn't.  Someone mentioned that there were 4 short kids and a tall kid on the Katy team. That's all.

Basketball teams come in all shapes and sizes and a team with height might have an advantage,  but maybe not.

I wouldn’t say short but they aren’t as big as United... 

11 hours ago, BigWolf10 said:

My wife had the same comparison. In relative terms, that kid looked like Shaq did in college compared to the others on the floor with him. 

He is big and physical. Just not in good condition IMO.

13 hours ago, BigWolf10 said:

The Big kid from Paetow is 6’7” maybe 6’8” 

Skills are limited but he is strong and somewhat athletic 

By no means is he Shaq in high school who was 7ft and a no doubt McDonalds All-American and sure fire future nba player. I was there to watch PA Lincoln and saw Shaq in person as welll. SA Cole was 3A but had they played The Bees that year it would’ve got ugly for Shaq-Fu and company 

16 hours ago, BigWolf10 said:

My senior year we got an invite to the Kerrville Basketball Festival.  At the time, it was a big deal because that was THE holiday tournament in the state and basically only invited ranked teams.  I remember sitting in the stands at Tivy HS when the biggest kid is ever seen walked in, with a clock on a chain around his neck ala Flavor Flav.  It almost looked like a regular medallion on him.  That was Shaq and SA Cole was in our division.   Prior to the internet, we had no idea who he was before then.   They smoked everyone, including our rival Edgewood (who would go on to win state in 2A that year) in the Finals.  And the person was right, it was Shaq and just some other dudes.  

The Chuckwu kid is a nice player.  He is not in the same hemisphere Shaq was in HS.  But then again, not many ever have been. 

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

My senior year we got an invite to the Kerrville Basketball Festival.  At the time, it was a big deal because that was THE holiday tournament in the state and basically only invited ranked teams.  I remember sitting in the stands at Tivy HS when the biggest kid is ever seen walked in, with a clock on a chain around his neck ala Flavor Flav.  It almost looked like a regular medallion on him.  That was Shaq and SA Cole was in our division.   Prior to the internet, we had no idea who he was before then.   They smoked everyone, including our rival Edgewood (who would go on to win state in 2A that year) in the Finals.  And the person was right, it was Shaq and just some other dudes.  

The Chuckwu kid is a nice player.  He is not in the same hemisphere Shaq was in HS.  But then again, not many ever have been. 

I remember Shaw in high school. I’ve never saw another like him. I’ve seen some good ones, Garnet, bosh, Perkins...... but none like Shaq. He literally had no help. Or very little may be better.