Silsbee vs Huffman Hargrave Region 3 Championship

2 minutes ago, Who That said:

I see your finally back... 😂 I did some research and Yates hasn't got any kid over 6'5 on there up comein teams so don't want to see anyone taller than that pop up next year.! Tho" it won't matter anyway. 😁🐅🏀

Who knows, Christmas might come early. I’m not concerned with any other team then Yates. 

13 minutes ago, whsalum said:

This was what I was afraid of with the young Tigers but I didn't see em going 2/28 from behind the arc. That's just a brutal night. The young kids are gonna be legit, no doubt.

Shooting 2 for 28 from 3 pt land and being in the game in the last minute is crazy in any game.  To do so in the regional final is pretty much unfathomable.  

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Shooting 2 for 28 from 3 pt land and being in the game in the last minute is crazy in any game.  To do so in the regional final is pretty much unfathomable.  

At some point you gotta do something different if you're 2/28. I've watched Huffman 4 times this year and with the exception of their one loss they always do just enough to beat ya. I don't think tonight was going to be any different, If the Tigers would have gone 7/28 the Falcons would have changed their approach. We don't give em enough credit but there's a reason the haven't lost but one ballgame this year. They do whatever it takes with what they have, I think they have one more win in em.

Just now, whsalum said:

At some point you gotta do something different if you're 2/28. I've watched Huffman 4 times this year and with the exception of their one loss they always do just enough to beat ya. I don't think tonight was going to be any different, If the Tigers would have gone 7/28 the Falcons would have changed their approach. We don't give em enough credit but there's a reason the haven't lost but one ballgame this year. They do whatever it takes with what they have, I think they have one more win in em.

I agree.  That’s just what happens sometimes when you have 4 starters who are underclassmen.  Again, this Huffman team reminds me a lot of that Big Sandy team from several years ago.  That would have been a heckuva game.  And I agree.  They have a good shot at winning one more.  The stars have aligned for Class 4A region 3 this year.  Region 1 and 2 are in another class though.  If Argyle wins, and Huffman wins, could be a good game.  Huffman plays a lot like Argyle, Argyle just does it better IMO.  

We had a few kids have off nights. That happens.  Huffman has plenty of seniors. I dont see them doing much after this year for a few years. Silsbee, HJ, Connally, and Yates will be thr top 4 out of the Region. Lumberton is done as well. They had a once in a lifetime season. Back to the 8-19 Raiders. 

Silsbee really did Huffman a big favor by knocking out Yates they would have pressed Huffman the whole entire game and maybe shot the 3 ball better than our young tigers but things happen just don’t know when they are going to happen but I am really excited to see and support these young gun tigers good luck to Huffman.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

We had a few kids have off nights. That happens.  Huffman has plenty of seniors. I dont see them doing much after this year for a few years. Silsbee, HJ, Connally, and Yates will be thr top 4 out of the Region. Lumberton is done as well. They had a once in a lifetime season. Back to the 8-19 Raiders. 

Lumberton will be fine, return 8 players and those guys will be bought in, 3 starters coming back and they will be huge once again in the paint.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I think Huffman started 1 senior and 4 juniors last night . They will definitely miss Harvey but they will be more than respectable.

8 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Huffman's program will keep on winning.  Coach Barrett has that thing rolling and they have several good ones coming back.  I agree with you on Lumberton.  Great, great season, but I think the Lamar kid carried them.  I expected a great game with them and Huffman and I hate that the Raiders laid an egg.  I have no idea what their plan on defense was.  Maybe it was just a bad night, but it's hard to be optimistic because it was a REALLY bad night.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:34 AM, whsalum said:

My phone locked up during the introductions so I missed one I guess. By the way you did your usual excellent job on the play by play!! 

AAW always does a good job. Frankly, I don’t see how he can remember everyones name on both teams so quickly at the pace the game often gets.