Silsbee vs Huffman Hargrave Region 3 Championship

From listening to the Lumberton game, it sounds like Hargrave is really good at drawing charges. Some of our kids (especially Miller) needs to watch themselves with that.Ā 

HH seems to be on a roll, but so are we. I'll take Silsbee by 4.

One thing that does sorta concern me is Silsbee hasn't really played many good teams that like slow ball. Need to jump on them early and force the issue a bit.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This will be Silsbee's 4th regional final in last 6 years and 11th in last 17 seasons.

Huffman's first ever regional final.

Ā 

This will be a very tough game to predict.

Yes it will be... Best of luck to the Tigers! My daughter goes to school there so Iā€™m allowed to be a Silsbee fan to right ?

If you look at common opponents, they stack up about the same. Only difference is Silsbee split with Lumberton and Huffman handled them. I will note that Silsbee was just coming back off a COVID-19 stop for the varsity kids. #10 for Huffman will be a problem. It seems they shoot the 3 very well. Hardin Jefferson did beat Huffman pretty well this year. Silsbee by 4-5. It will be low scoring unless Silsbee can force them into their style of ball. Not sure if this is a team you can press the whole game.Ā 

Itā€™s basketball I think the Lumberton and Huffman gameĀ wasĀ Ā just one of those games that lumberton had a very bad night and that happens sometimes you have those games, itā€™s all about matchups ups and Huffman can matchup with silsbee, this should be a great match up and Huffman will be able to slow the pace down pickem gameĀ 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

If you look at common opponents, they stack up about the same. Only difference is Silsbee split with Lumberton and Huffman handled them. I will note that Silsbee was just coming back off a COVID-19 stop for the varsity kids. #10 for Huffman will be a problem. It seems they shoot the 3 very well. Hardin Jefferson did beat Huffman pretty well this year. Silsbee by 4-5. It will be low scoring unless Silsbee can force them into their style of ball. Not sure if this is a team you can press the whole game.Ā 

I think that can all be thrown out the window anyway.Ā  Silsbee played several games at the beginning of the year without key players, then had the covid stuff.Ā  Since the playoffs have started they look like a totally different team.Ā  I'm going to take them over huffman by 10.Ā  I'm hoping so anyway, because all of the stupidity (instigated by huffman fans) at the end of the HJ/HH seeding game is the only reason that HJ lost their first round playoff game.Ā  There's a decent chance had that not happened HJ would at least have had some chance in still being around, as easily as this side of the bracket has played out.Ā Ā 

I've been high on HH all year and boy have theyĀ delivered, only 1 loss all season... Amazing but I still take the Tigers by 5 here, Silsbee has played a brutal regular season schedule compared to HH and even had the tougherĀ path through the playoffs. They are battle tested and hitting their stride at the right time. Sell out to stop #10 and lets see what the rest of their guys can do vs that Silsbee defense.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I think that can all be thrown out the window anyway.Ā  Silsbee played several games at the beginning of the year without key players, then had the covid stuff.Ā  Since the playoffs have started they look like a totally different team.Ā  I'm going to take them over huffman by 10.Ā  I'm hoping so anyway, because all of the stupidity (instigated by huffman fans) at the end of the HJ/HH seeding game is the only reason that HJ lost their first round playoff game.Ā  There's a decent chance had that not happened HJ would at least have had some chance in still being around, as easily as this side of the bracket has played out.Ā Ā 

You were at the game?Ā  The fansĀ  (high school students) were on the complete opposite end of the gym when the incident happened at the end of the game.Ā  I was at the game, watched a video filmed from HJ's side, and you are incorrect.