Huffman Hargrave 48 Carthage 37/FINAL

Just now, house said:

congrats huffman.  bout what i expected.  looks like carthage scrapped together a team with half a dozen defensive secondary players off the football team.  

The effort was  there for Carthage just didn’t have many scorers. HH defense was solid. And #10 was solid. 

12 minutes ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Huffman looked very good tonight!!! They are rolling and I feel like they will beat Silsbee 

I don't know they seemed uncharacteristically ragged in the first half and went in trailing.   Everybody knew what was going to happen in the end.  Huffman would take the lead back and keep it.  But the game was still in question right up to the last 2 minutes.  

Being the last ranked team in the Region Huffman has to be considered the favorite.  But go to Silsbee's Maxpreps page and check out the highlights of the Yates game.  Silsbee took down the 2nd ranked team by 15 points scoring 99.   The Falcons haven't scored quite that many points all year against anybody.  I'd say the Tigers have a good chance. 

6 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I don't know they seemed uncharacteristically ragged in the first half and went in trailing.   Everybody knew what was going to happen in the end.  Huffman would take the lead back and keep it.  But the game was still in question right up to the last 2 minutes.  

Being the last ranked team in the Region Huffman has to be considered the favorite.  But go to Silsbee's Maxpreps page and check out the highlights of the Yates game.  Silsbee took down the 2nd ranked team by 15 points scoring 99.   The Falcons haven't scored quite that many points all year against anybody.  I'd say the Tigers have a good chance. 

Totally different matchup:styles, yates gave up tons of points this year with how they play, Huffman will control the tempo 

Silsbee has won playoffs games both ways run and gun also slow down grind it out games if the refs allow a physical game Silsbee will press Huffman this isn’t a Carthage press young Tigers are very hungry but Huffman is discipline and has a good team also tough to call this game going to be a good one.

• WOSgrad changed the title to Huffman Hargrave 48 Carthage 37/FINAL