LaPoynor 53 Dallardsville Big Sandy 50/FINAL

• WOSgrad changed the title to LaPoynor 53 Dallardsville Big Sandy 50/FINAL
13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

What a run!  Great season!  

I hate the idea of rating the skill of a coach solely on wins/losses.  Keven Foster is without question the best coach in the area and arguably anywhere in the state for these reasons:  Character and effort of his players, adaptability midgame, experience, poise, and yes.. success.  What a great coach and better person.  Big Sandy is very fortunate to have him. 

It sounds like this would've been an excellent game to be at. 

Just now, oldschool2 said:

I hate the idea of rating the skill of a coach solely on wins/losses.  Keven Foster is without question the best coach in the area and arguably anywhere in the state for these reasons:  Character and effort of his players, adaptability midgame, experience, poise, and yes.. success.  What a great coach and better person.  Big Sandy is very fortunate to have him. 

Could not agree more.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

He is as good a man as he is a coach.  I hate making comparisons between the great ones but I will just say he is as good as any I’ve seen. 

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He is a good a man as he is a coach.  I hate making comparisons between the great ones but I will just say he is as good as any I’ve seen. 

The handful of times I've seen one of his teams play I've left with the same reaction.  No matter the skill level he's working with or the level of competition.. It's the same every time I've seen.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

The handful of times I've seen one of his teams play I've left with the same reaction.  No matter the skill level he's working with or the level of competition.. It's the same every time I've seen.

I’m rarely surprised by how well his teams performed.  But this team had no business being two games from “State.”   Like BSWildcats said in another thread, this run would not have been surprising next year.  This year was a bit of a shocker.  But then again, Foster ALWAYS gets the most out of his team.  Credit those kids for always “buying in” as well. 

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Coach Foster will be the first to tell you that he is blessed with very coach able kids.

I have found that “coachable” kids is often times directly related to the coach.   Kids who were deemed to be difficult, are all of a sudden very coachable with the right coach.  When they have great respect for their coach, there isn’t much they wouldn’t do for him or her.  

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Coach Foster will be the first to tell you that he is blessed with very coach able kids.

I believe that's definitely true as well.  It's a great fit for all involved. I'll say that I always see a "team first" mentality exhuming from the kids.  

Coach Foster is the best in the business, I was lucky enough to work with him side by side for 4 years, he never missed one of my playoff games unless he was at a softball playoff game.  He takes care of his players, coaches, teachers, admin and the community.  The gym is named after his Uncle but I hope one day it is Kevin Foster court.  I will always pull for his teams, and Kevin is one of the best to work with.