March 10, FREEDOM

Chester86

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

But I’ve been vaccinated...why do I need a mask?

To protect others. It is my understanding that a person who is vaccinated can still contract COVID-19 and spread it. You are most likely going to be asymptomatic or have a mild case, but this may not be the case for others.

33 minutes ago, Big girl said:

To protect others. It is my understanding that a person who is vaccinated can still contract COVID-19 and spread it. You are most likely going to be asymptomatic or have a mild case, but this may not be the case for others.

Should I quit driving my car, so I don’t crash into someone?

3 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

Merry Mask-Off day Texas!  May those that want to continue wearing them if it makes them feel safe.  One big step in returning to some sense of normalcy.  

If the mask most of us wear (btw, you see so many on TV that don’t cover their nose which is laughable) could stop Covid, why does the Medical Community and the MSM have hissy fits when they run low on N95 mask?  Honestly I’ve yet to decide if the mask mandate is a touchy/feel good thing, or a trial to see how much we can be controlled.  I lean to the latter.

Btw, since many of you probably don’t watch the MSM News, they’re all convinced Texans will start dying in droves by Abbott’s edict.  I actually think they hope we do (they would pray, but to whom?).  I’ve yet to see any outrage over illegals with Covid being allowed across the border by the hundreds, and released on us, which is a real and present danger.   And of course zero news about kids in cages.  Enough, my bp is going up.

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

If the mask most of us wear (btw, you see so many on TV that don’t cover their nose which is laughable) could stop Covid, why does the Medical Community and the MSM have hissy fits when they run low on N95 mask?  Honestly I’ve yet to decide if the mask mandate is a touchy/feel good thing, or a trial to see how much we can be controlled.  I lean to the latter.

Btw, since many of you probably don’t watch the MSM News, they’re all convinced Texans will start dying in droves by Abbott’s edict.  I actually think they hope we do (they would pray, but to whom?).  I’ve yet to see any outrage over illegals with Covid being allowed across the border by the hundreds, and released on us, which is a real and present danger.   And of course zero news about kids in cages.  Enough, my bp is going up.

Logically of course our numbers are going to shoot up.  Hospitalizations and death rates as well.  It's common sense.  Remove all restrictions, open everything back up, don't wait a couple of more months when everyone who wants to can get vaccinated... the numbers are going to soar.  Now it's up to each person to decide how much risk they want to put themselves (and their family members they can bring it home to) in, but it's awfully tough on those who don't have a choice but to go to work only to have to face hoards of mask-less shoppers/customers.  Masks certainly help, but they're far from 100%.  You get exposed enough, mask or no mask, there's a good chance you're getting sick, especially if the sick people you're encountering are spreading it freely.  

30 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Logically of course our numbers are going to shoot up.  Hospitalizations and death rates as well.  It's common sense.  Remove all restrictions, open everything back up, don't wait a couple of more months when everyone who wants to can get vaccinated... the numbers are going to soar.  Now it's up to each person to decide how much risk they want to put themselves (and their family members they can bring it home to) in, but it's awfully tough on those who don't have a choice but to go to work only to have to face hoards of mask-less shoppers/customers.  Masks certainly help, but they're far from 100%.  You get exposed enough, mask or no mask, there's a good chance you're getting sick, especially if the sick people you're encountering are spreading it freely.  

I disagree... I think that as more of us have been vaccinated and more of us have changed our behaviors for the time being, you won't see a big run-up in cases.  Most of our immune systems seem to be stronger during the spring/summer as well.  I'm still not going clubbing for obvious reasons, and I'll be cautious where I can.  You SHOULD be wearing a mask at buffet, for crying out loud.  Probably should have been all along.  If I were an employer, I'd still want my employees to wear masks at work.  Nobody wants to have their whole crew quarantined if it can be avoided.  Not much you can say about customers not wearing them.... if you pitch a big enough fit on behalf of the business, you'll be out of business because so many of your customers won't come back.  

I hope you're wrong in regards to higher numbers going forward.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I just returned from Jasper after getting my second shot.  There were over 20 people in front of me in line, standing outside.  Everyone of them had their mask on.  Of course mask were required as you entered, but I was amazed everyone had them on outside.  Indicates to me that many will still wear them, with or without a mandate.  That was one of the points Abbott made.  If someone wants to wear them, they can.  Most of the Media seem to think everyone will stop wearing but I don’t see that happening.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I disagree... I think that as more of us have been vaccinated and more of us have changed our behaviors for the time being, you won't see a big run-up in cases.  Most of our immune systems seem to be stronger during the spring/summer as well.  I'm still not going clubbing for obvious reasons, and I'll be cautious where I can.  You SHOULD be wearing a mask at buffet, for crying out loud.  Probably should have been all along.  If I were an employer, I'd still want my employees to wear masks at work.  Nobody wants to have their whole crew quarantined if it can be avoided.  Not much you can say about customers not wearing them.... if you pitch a big enough fit on behalf of the business, you'll be out of business because so many of your customers won't come back.  

I hope you're wrong in regards to higher numbers going forward.  

I hope I'm wrong as well.  But the last I saw less than 10% of the state is fully vaccinated, and about 10% has been diagnosed with covid.  I think we can confidently estimate that at least 10% more have had covid and not been diagnosed.  That still leaves a LOT of people who're at risk.  There are a lot of people out there who are ready to go out and act stupid.  I guess we can hope that that rate won't increase much from the rate of those that were already doing so. 

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

I just returned from Jasper after getting my second shot.  There were over 20 people in front of me in line, standing outside.  Everyone of them had their mask on.  Of course mask were required as you entered, but I was amazed everyone had them on outside.  Indicates to me that many will still wear them, with or without a mandate.  That was one of the points Abbott made.  If someone wants to wear them, they can.  Most of the Media seem to think everyone will stop wearing but I don’t see that happening.

I don't think everyone will stop, but a lot will.  I would be willing to bet that if you took those 20 people to somewhere other than a vaccination center some, if not many, of those people would not be wearing a mask.  I go to the same convenience store 2-3 mornings a week.  They've had a hard mask rule since all this started, and wouldn't let people shop without one.  I never saw anyone without a mask on in there for a year.  I went in with a mask today and the cashier and all three customers were without.  Literally the first place I went under the new rules.  It's definitely going to lead to some spikes in sickness.  On top of the no masks restaurants and businesses are going to be allowed to pack a lot more people in on top of each other.  

Will Texas see a large spike in Covid deaths?  I don’t think so, and hope I’m right.  Why?  Because 93% of Covid deaths are folks 55 and older, and that’s the very people who’ve been getting vaccinated.   Plus, many/some will continue to wear mask, which I personally believe offer little protection, but that’s Jmo.

This is the hidden content, please

The face mask nazis got me at Target.  “Sir you can’t enter without a mask”.  This being uttered by a young man with his mask down below his nose. Try to spend money and they won’t let you.  What is funny also is that no one is enforcing it but this place - been all over the city.  

Definition of fascism

1often capitalized  : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized 
government headed by a 
 leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

16 hours ago, Chester86 said:

The face mask nazis got me at Target.  “Sir you can’t enter without a mask”.  This being uttered by a young man with his mask down below his nose. Try to spend money and they won’t let you.  What is funny also is that no one is enforcing it but this place - been all over the city.  

Did you explain to him that is was useless wearing in that way?  Personally, I would have been a straight up smart ass right then.

Man I started - but then just took a deep breath and left.  It was obvious he was looking for confrontation.  It just wasn’t worth it.  I’m thinking of trademarking a new phrase, Systemic Face-ism.  Sad thing is, my wife had a shopping list a mile long.....we just shopped elsewhere.  I personally had just given Target a chance after the bathroom fiasco.  They just went on my permanent “Do not enter” list.

On 3/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, Chester86 said:

Man I started - but then just took a deep breath and left.  It was obvious he was looking for confrontation.  It just wasn’t worth it.  I’m thinking of trademarking a new phrase, Systemic Face-ism.  Sad thing is, my wife had a shopping list a mile long.....we just shopped elsewhere.  I personally had just given Target a chance after the bathroom fiasco.  They just went on my permanent “Do not enter” list.

I almost never go to target in the first place. Looks like I’ll just stop altogether. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I almost never go to target in the first place. Looks like I’ll just stop altogether. 

My older dog has lost teeth and Target sells the soft food he likes. Only reason I go there. I have been to several restaurants and worn no mask. Still see people wearing them but none have questioned me about not wearing one. Went to Sam’s and the polite lady at the door asked if I wanted a mask, to which I replied, “No thank you”. Went right on in with no problems.