Has ALL of the Kountze talent moved up the road to Silsbee? What has happened in Kountze?

Man some of these Hi Schools  be dang near sneaking in NBA players and gettin' away with it, and you tryna make something outta nothing about Adams 6 years ago?   Yates be pulling in 7 ft Nigerians. Every year they have two or three.  Gimme a break.

1 minute ago, Kountzer said:

Man some of these Hi Schools  be dang near sneaking in NBA players and gettin' away with it, and you tryna make something outta nothing about Adams 6 years ago?   Yates be pulling in 7 ft Nigerians. Every year they have two or three.  Gimme a break.

I think they're from Nigeria.  Could be from Cut and Shoot, I don't know.

Guest mrtomcat
4 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

That's what I said?

You did?  I never heard you say that.  I'm implying that a large majority of people feel as though coaches outweigh athletes and its quite the opposite.

Joubert has won for many years and now he is struggling.  Did he forget how to coach or does his players stink?  Its pretty simple if you ask me.

41 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

You did?  I never heard you say that.  I'm implying that a large majority of people feel as though coaches outweigh athletes and its quite the opposite.

Joubert has won for many years and now he is struggling.  Did he forget how to coach or does his players stink?  Its pretty simple if you ask me.

I'll be honest.... Neither Tom Landry or Vince Lombardi would win a game in the NFL today, regardless of the Larrys and Joes.

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

I was asking if you thought I said that.. I didn't.  He's a better coach than he was when he won his first title ...no doubt.  His players stink right now.

27 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

You implying Joubert’s basketball philosophies are outdated or something? 

I've thought for years that the "out athlete everyone with a press" philosophy is working less and less.  Especially in the deeper games when you see good ball handling and/or basketball IQ.  

There's a reason that college/pro teams don't press back to a zone trap the whole game.  

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

I've thought for years that the "out athlete everyone with a press" philosophy is working less and less.  Especially in the deeper games when you see good ball handling and/or basketball IQ.  

There's a reason that college/pro teams don't press back to a zone trap the whole game.  

I partially agree with that. Sometimes you defeat your self full court pressing against better ball handling teams. Especially pressing the whole game. I don’t think that’s the case with Joubert     this year though 

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I partially agree with that. Sometimes you defeat your self full court pressing against better ball handling teams. Especially pressing the whole game. I don’t think that’s the case with Joubert     this year though 

Well.. you definitely can't do it when you don't have the kids.  What I'm saying is that even when you think you do.. it's working less and less. 

20 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well.. you definitely can't do it when you don't have the kids.  What I'm saying is that even when you think you do.. it's working less and less. 

This is definitely true.  This is the biggest problem I have with the way Yates plays.  They always have superior athletes and it usually gets them pretty deep.  But when they run into a team with an elite guard or two, it’s crispy toast.  

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

This is definitely true.  This is the biggest problem I have with the way Yates plays.  They always have superior athletes and it usually gets them pretty deep.  But when they run into a team with an elite guard or two, it’s crispy toast.  

Exactly.  And with the way kids are improving their skills these days.. better have a plan for when the "we have superior athletes" mentality isn't working.  

Even when Kountze was making noise in 2A & 3A basketball Silsbee was making noise too: going to the semi finals at state 2 or 3 times, producing all Americans,  doing quite well against the bigger stronger teams in the area.  It was not like Silsbee was a bottom team while Kountze was up.

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Dickie V, is that you?

Dickie V? Who's that? 

2 hours ago, underdog15 said:

Sorry that is True Wesley played Lil Dribbler in Kountze and his brother and sister and family is from Kountze he never attend school there though 

Oh OK. You're saying he played in the little dribblers program when he was a kid? THAT makes him from Kountze? Ok. lol

I went to almost every game this season for Kountze.  It was painful to watch most days.  Joubert has changed his style based on what he has.  Should be better next year.  But if you don’t rebound, miss free throws, turn the ball over without a defender.  It makes the game harder then it is.  It’s not that they aren’t being coached.  If you know Joub,  you know he coaches.  I did see improvement.  So there is hope moving forward.