Has ALL of the Kountze talent moved up the road to Silsbee? What has happened in Kountze?

4 hours ago, JayBilas said:

THATS a huge lie! Wesley Yates III attended BISD schools since ELEMENTARY school, and his entire family is FROM Beaumont! Try again, sir!

But, and think about this addition to a young Silsbee team, there is another on that BU team that does have ties to the Tigers...unless i was misled by more than one a year or two ago.

5 hours ago, JayBilas said:

Yet another lie. your last name wouldn't happen to be TRUMP would it? I asked about Kountze basketball out of curiosity and respect of the history. What exactly are YOU talking about? 90%?? Really? That's outrageous and ridiculous. smh

bbb

Start on MLK off 5th street and go all the way down to where it comes out on 327. That's more than half of Silsbee right there. Some of those kids aren't that far from Kountze if you go far enough. Don't feel bad at all if a Lion ends up in a Tiger uniform. Some of our players have ended up there when they were killing it.

The idea that Kountze ball talent moved over to Silsbee is bogus and a lot of other things.  There is too much pride and rivalry for that to happen. It is a friendly rivalry but rivalry nonetheless.  Kountze started it off by winning state back in 1969.  They have won 4 total.  No self respecting b ball player from Kountze wants to help Silsbee catch up.  

There was that guy who was from Silsbee but ended up going to Kountze HS, he is the exception to the rule.  That was at least 12 years ago.  Keyboard lawyers been milking that down to the last drop.  Let it go bro there is nothing there.  Besides Silsbee did not benefit.  Kountze kept that player and won 2 championships with him.  

13 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

Jay Bilas is somewhat right.....Yates Mom is from Kountze and Dad is from Beaumont. He would reside with grandparents while Mom and Dad were at work. They officially moved to Beaumont after his elementary years. 

Yeah and somewhat wrong saying he doesn’t have family from kountze::: also has a brother that graduated last year from kountze 

Guest mrtomcat

This is what I propose...hear me out

Kountze ISD shut down and consolidate with Warren and Silsbee.  However, we (Warren) get the athletes and Silsbee gets the band and choir members.

I promise, it will work out.

17 hours ago, JayBilas said:

THATS a huge lie! Wesley Yates III attended BISD schools since ELEMENTARY school, and his entire family is FROM Beaumont! Try again, sir!

no that is true im not sure where you get your facts from but he does have ties to kountze both older brothers played at kountze and were pretty good one graduated in 2013 and the other last year i think also a sister that went to kountze as well 

After speaking to his Father his older brother(2013) was a Kountze graduate in all his years attending Kountze. His brother who graduated last year went to Kountze all the way thru 6th grade and went to Smith Middle School 7th and 8th grade and West Brook in 9th grade and 10th-12th went back to Kountze. Sister went to Kountze all years except for Sr. year where she graduated from West Brook thru way of the credit recovery program only offered in Beaumont. Wesley Yates III attended elementary, Middle and now Highschool in Beaumont. They almost moved to Houston up until Dads parents asked that they let him stay and grow up in Beaumont since he was the last grandchild and were retired to help watch him. Mom worked in Woodville and Dad worked in Beaumont in which Mom transferred job to Beaumont and that's what made the move from Kountze to Beaumont after Yates III elementary years. 

18 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Just patiently waiting for folks to admit that players have more to do with wins/losses than coaching.

Not taking anything away from the success of the coaches involved... still waiting nonetheless.  

I can see both sides of this... no matter who is coaching you have to have some type of talent to win, but also have witness talented teams with mediocre coaching make it to the playoffs and get bounced early.. 

16 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

I can see both sides of this... no matter who is coaching you have to have some type of talent to win, but also have witness talented teams with mediocre coaching make it to the playoffs and get bounced early.. 

I have never said coaching doesn't play an important part.  I'm saying that without kids, coaching isn't enough to matter.  Case in point.. we have here one of the arguably best coaches in the area for sure.  More than one state championship... how many region appearances?  District titles?  What happened?  Same coach.  Same tradition.  Same culture.  Same expectations.  Is he a worse coach?  I don't hardly think so.  The only thing that changes from year to year is players.  So it should come as no surprise when I run to the defense of a coach when they're bashed by a parent/fan.  Blaming the coach is a poor excuse to the possibility of perhaps the players just aren't good.  Are their bad coaches?  Sure.  But bad coaches can still be successful with good teams.  Good coaches can NOT be successful with bad teams.  I don't care how much winning experience one has.. you aren't winning a horse race with a donkey.  Period.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, Kountzer said:

Didn’t Yates who plays for BU transferred from Kountze?  Strange that the surge of 

BU basketball happened about the time Kountze went down.

If it wasn’t for Hardin county grown coaches and players BU would be concentrating on playin golf right about now.

We all know where the Adams lived while making the Silsbee basketball program relevant! And word on the street is that Harris was going to attend BU this year. But certain Silsbee parents were going to get the UIL involved. And lets not talk about all the records the Beaumont kid Lil Cee broke playing football for Silsbee. Lmao...

Man Adams is thinking about gettin' his Masters deg & you still stuck in the past. Let it go son. That's history.  Their thinking about making a documentary about it.  Let it rest

As for the word on the street about Harris, well, he has gotten more fame and playing time playing for Silsbee.  The grass is not always greener.  As long as they have AAU ball there will be rumors.  

As for lil Cee, I guess you talking about Calvin Tyler.  Man Calvin Tyler got so many relatives in Silsbee they could start their on lil country town.  Call it Tylerville or somethin'.   peace,

Guest mrtomcat
On 3/2/2021 at 10:05 AM, oldschool2 said:

Just patiently waiting for folks to admit that players have more to do with wins/losses than coaching.

Not taking anything away from the success of the coaches involved... still waiting nonetheless.  

All of a sudden, coach joubert forgot how to win according to a lot of posters on this forum.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:52 PM, Kountzer said:

Man Adams is thinking about gettin' his Masters deg & you still stuck in the past. Let it go son. That's history.  Their thinking about making a documentary about it.  Let it rest

I'm sure there will be a Netflix special soon. Probably a three part series.

That Harris rumor was quickly put to rest when it started on here. He can be the man (alone with Miller) in Silsbee and get more exposure. Silsbee is always in Dallas and San Antonio playing before district starts.

Some of these kids being friends is how these rumors get started in the first place. I remember when Kasen Harrison was supposed to "finish out his high school career in Silsbee."

On 3/2/2021 at 8:36 PM, Yeoj said:

We all know where the Adams lived while making the Silsbee basketball program relevant! And word on the street is that Harris was going to attend BU this year. But certain Silsbee parents were going to get the UIL involved. And lets not talk about all the records the Beaumont kid Lil Cee broke playing football for Silsbee. Lmao...

"Made Silsbee relevant" u sure?

On 3/2/2021 at 8:52 PM, Kountzer said:

As for the word on the street about Harris, well, he has gotten more fame and playing time playing for Silsbee.  The grass is not always greener.  As long as they have AAU ball there will be rumors.  

As for lil Cee, I guess you talking about Calvin Tyler.  Man Calvin Tyler got so many relatives in Silsbee they could start their on lil country town.  Call it Tylerville or somethin'.   peace,

Most of those were Silsbee kids to begin with outside of Adams.