Has ALL of the Kountze talent moved up the road to Silsbee? What has happened in Kountze?

Just now, 5GallonBucket said:

I believe the 8th grade group is pretty good......whether or not they stay together....time will tell.

Are those kids ending up in Silsbee? Such as Chris Miller did about 15 years ago, for example? I just don't see how they fell so far off the cliff like that.

I recall some people on here mentioning discipline issues and kids quitting/getting kicked off the team in the not-so-distant past.

They got a good bunch of 8th graders, as has been mentioned. It wouldn't make sense for too many of them to wind up in Silsbee next year. Playing time would be hard to come by, as Silsbee should have around a half dozen of their own kids ready to move up to varsity next year.

1 hour ago, JayBilas said:

Are those kids ending up in Silsbee? Such as Chris Miller did about 15 years ago, for example? I just don't see how they fell so far off the cliff like that.

Chris Miller is from Silsbee. Went to school with him every year until he moved to Kountze in the 9th grade. He moved back to Silsbee his 11th and 12th grade year. 

Just now, BADSANTA said:

Chris Miller is from Silsbee. Went to school with him every year until he moved to Kountze in the 9th grade. He moved back to Silsbee his 11th and 12th grade year. 

My point was that historically it was not uncommon for those kids to go back and forth between Kountze and Silsbee.

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Strange.  The downfall of Kountze is proportionate to the surge of Silsbee basketball.  Strange that when Kountze was scary good, their main guy was a Silsbee kid.  So yea. I think the kids off highway 327 are now enrolled at Silsbee HS...

My thoughts EXACTLY. Thanks for your honest response.

55 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Strange.  The downfall of Kountze is proportionate to the surge of Silsbee basketball.  Strange that when Kountze was scary good, their main guy was a Silsbee kid.  So yea. I think the kids off highway 327 are now enrolled at Silsbee HS...

Didn’t Yates who plays for BU transferred from Kountze?  Strange that the surge of 

BU basketball happened about the time Kountze went down.

If it wasn’t for Hardin county grown coaches and players BU would be concentrating on playin golf right about now.

6 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Didn’t Yates who plays for BU transferred from Kountze?  Strange that the surge of 

BU basketball happened about the time Kountze went down.

If it wasn’t for Hardin county grown coaches and players BU would be concentrating on playin golf right about now.

THATS a huge lie! Wesley Yates III attended BISD schools since ELEMENTARY school, and his entire family is FROM Beaumont! Try again, sir!

1 minute ago, Kountzer said:

Just threw that out there to keep you happy.   90 % of what you post is bogus.  Hogs like slop.

Yet another lie. your last name wouldn't happen to be TRUMP would it? I asked about Kountze basketball out of curiosity and respect of the history. What exactly are YOU talking about? 90%?? Really? That's outrageous and ridiculous. smh

Just now, JayBilas said:

What?? No he does not! Who is claiming THAT? 

Lol I may be wrong somebody tell me if I am... but his brother played for kountze around 2010ish. (Jamison Powell )  And his mother originally from kountze... also cousins and a sister who graduated from kountze.   

Just now, Topdawg25 said:

Lol I may be wrong somebody tell me if I am... but his brother played for kountze around 2010ish. (Jamison Powell )  And his mother originally from kountze... also cousins and a sister who graduated from kountze.   

Ummm, No. Not any truth to that one whatsoever. LOL