Hull-Daisetta vs Port Aransas

2 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

HD vs Port Aransas at Needville HS, 7pm Tuesday. Who you got?! Does HD upset a 3rd 20 plus win team, in the 4th round?!

sadly, no.  I believe this is the end of the road.  Port Aransas is 7th in the state and should be higher.  they're 25-4 and their 4 losses are to Aransas Pass (#8 in 3A, 27-2 record), single digit losses to London twice (#4 in 3A, 23-2 record) and a single digit loss to Flour Bluff (3 rounds deep in the 5A playoffs, 23-3 Record).  I'm pulling for you guys, but this team is one of the 3-4 best teams in the state in 2A.  

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

sadly, no.  I believe this is the end of the road.  Port Aransas is 7th in the state and should be higher.  they're 25-4 and their 4 losses are to Aransas Pass (#8 in 3A, 27-2 record), single digit losses to London twice (#4 in 3A, 23-2 record) and a single digit loss to Flour Bluff (3 rounds deep in the 5A playoffs, 23-3 Record).  I'm pulling for you guys, but this team is one of the 3-4 best teams in the state in 2A.  

Completely agree. This team will be too much for H-D

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I seen they were ranked, Flatonia was ranked #11, HD shocked them! That is why they play the games. #7 or #11 not much difference. Go Bobcats! 

4 hours ago, Coaches_coach said:

someone tell me how they are still winning i am baffled 

HD I think just got off to a very slow start, COVID was a big challenge, like it was to most. And I think some teams got in their head early on and in District, and matched up well with this young team. HD has just got better every week recently. It helps to have an All-State type player in 6’4 guard Braedyn Rayon, and some of those young athletic football players on the court. The next 2-3 seasons at HD will be fun to watch in all sports. 

3 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

I seen they were ranked, Flatonia was ranked #11, HD shocked them! That is why they play the games. #7 or #11 not much difference. Go Bobcats! 

AP should be 2 or 3, but you’re absolutely right, that is why they play the games.  IMO AP is 10-15 points better than flatonia.  But HD has certainly peaked at the right time and have beaten a couple of very good teams, although not THIS good.  I’ll certainly be pulling for you guys.  I’d love to be proven wrong.  

31 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Was was the other fortune events? Besides hard work and grit. 

Flatonia played HD in the second playoff game in two consecutive days.  That's a fortunate event.. for HD.  Was it the difference?  I'm not saying that, but they literally had zero days to rest or prepare.

Mumford played HD on one day's rest/preparation.  They played a single digit playoff game on 2/25, then another on 2/27.  That's a fortunate even.. for HD.  Again, was it the difference?  I'm not saying that.  It definitely helps, though.

HD overcame a 17 point 4th quarter deficit to win their second consecutive playoff game by 1 point.  That's a fortunate event that statistically, normally doesn't happen.

Calm down, Karen.  I'm not saying they didn't earn the wins.  Just that some things went right that normally don't and it needs to happen again.  AP will be a test. 

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Flatonia played HD in the second playoff game in two consecutive days.  That's a fortunate event.. for HD.  Was it the difference?  I'm not saying that, but they literally had zero days to rest or prepare.

Mumford played HD on one day's rest/preparation.  They played a single digit playoff game on 2/25, then another on 2/27.  That's a fortunate even.. for HD.  Again, was it the difference?  I'm not saying that.  It definitely helps, though.

HD overcame a 17 point 4th quarter deficit to win their second consecutive playoff game by 1 point.  That's a fortunate event that statistically, normally doesn't happen.

Calm down, Karen.  I'm not saying they didn't earn the wins.  Just that some things went right that normally don't and it needs to happen again.  AP will be a test. 

I’d say you are the Karen, digging for all that, lmao. That just may be the definition of Karen hating LOL. Whose to say Flatonia and Mumford’s coaches didn’t pushed to play because they felt their team was hot and peaking? Seems like many teams around the State actually played without long breaks, just like Flatonia and Mumford. As far as the 17 point thing, Mumford hitting 5 three pointers in a roll 15-0 run, right after halftime, when HD’s up by 1, is way more of a statistical event that doesn’t usually happen, kinda like Mumford going 11-14 from 3 point land in 2nd half. It’s all about how you look at the situation and the results you want for your argument Kyle! 😜🤷🏻‍♂️ HD Nation looks to take down another 20 plus win team! Round 4! 

16 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

I’d say you are the Karen, digging for all that, lmao. That just may be the definition of Karen hating LOL. Whose to say Flatonia and Mumford’s coaches didn’t pushed to play because they felt their team was hot and peaking? Seems like many teams around the State actually played without long breaks, just like Flatonia and Mumford. As far as the 17 point thing, Mumford hitting 5 three pointers in a roll 15-0 run, right after halftime, when HD’s up by 1, is way more of a statistical event that doesn’t usually happen, kinda like Mumford going 11-14 from 3 point land in 2nd half. It’s all about how you look at the situation and the results you want for your argument Kyle! 😜🤷🏻‍♂️ HD Nation looks to take down another 20 plus win team! Round 4! 

What were you saying?  It would appear as if HD ran out of fortunate events.

Great season nonetheless.