SFA at Lamar basketball

TxHoops

Anderson Kopp hit some clutch shots and free throws at the right time. Nice win for Lamar. It’s a 4-way tie for first after yesterday. SFA, ACU, Sam and Nicholls with each having two loses...The genius that arranged the schedule had Nicholls not playing ACU nor SFA... I believe Lamar is going to the WAC next year also. 

45 minutes ago, no-look said:

Anderson Kopp hit some clutch shots and free throws at the right time. Nice win for Lamar. It’s a 4-way tie for first after yesterday. SFA, ACU, Sam and Nicholls with each having two loses...The genius that arranged the schedule had Nicholls not playing ACU nor SFA... I believe Lamar is going to the WAC next year also. 

And two clutch 3s.  And Kasen Harrison got an offensive rebound at the end of 2nd OT that was just all guts.  They’ve been right there all year and just haven’t been able to close.  It’s like that sometimes with young teams.  

And yes, this Covid schedule is all messed up.  In fact, I think Lamar was ONLY team in conference that had to play SFA, Abilene, Nicholls, AND Sam.  In fact, they played each of them twice.  Those who are only casually following don’t realize that the Southland has 4 teams logjammed at the top (those 4) who are all very, very good.  It’s the first time I can remember in a while you had that many teams in this conference at that level.  Usually 1 or 2.  

So as it worked out, HALF of Lamar’s conference games were against those 4. 

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

And two clutch 3s.  And Kasen Harrison got an offensive rebound at the end of 2nd OT that was just all guts.  They’ve been right there all year and just haven’t been able to close.  It’s like that sometimes with young teams.  

And yes, this Covid schedule is all messed up.  In fact, I think Lamar was ONLY team in conference that had to play SFA, Abilene, Nicholls, AND Sam.  In fact, they played each of them twice.  Those who are only casually following don’t realize that the Southland has 4 teams logjammed at the top (those 4) who are all very, very good.  It’s the first time I can remember in a while you had that many teams in this conference at that level.  Usually 1 or 2.  

So as it worked out, HALF of Lamar’s conference games were against those 4. 

Price had a game plan that worked. The Jacks like to pound the ball down low and the Cards were swarming it. Senior day for the Cards and they showed up. Got to hand it to them. 

12 minutes ago, no-look said:

Price had a game plan that worked. The Jacks like to pound the ball down low and the Cards were swarming it. Senior day for the Cards and they showed up. Got to hand it to them. 

Was a great game too.  One of the better ones I’ve been to.  Other than some pretty poor officiating (it was bad for both teams and I’m usually pleased with Southland officiating - this game drew 2 of the worst ones in the conference), I thought the game was really well played.  Both teams played a very clean, high level game.