Silsbee 64 Wharton 55/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

This is going to be a good one to get.  Definitely not the same energy as last night.  Good hard fought win.  And hats off to Wharton probably the best sportsmanship I have seen in a long time!!!

2 minutes ago, bd04 said:

Agree about sportsmanship from Wharton. I watched them play Bridge City the other night and they were the same way. Hugging and helping players off the floor after they won. Great coaching over there. 

That is great to hear.  Not enough of that around anymore. 

55 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

That is great to hear.  Not enough of that around anymore. 

Definitely only one or two little stare type situation between the two teams.  Helping each other up off the floor pats on the back and their players pretty much immediately congratulating ours after the buzzer instead of having their own moment of being upset over losing! Hats off to the coaches and parents!!

7 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Schedule says Monday or Tuesday but the last update said if 4 teams agree to a tourney type schedule at one location they could have basically in this case a regional tourney next Friday and Saturday.  

I actually think that would be the case giving the driving distance for Waco and Carthage. 

This makes 7 straight years that Silsbee has made it to the regional tourney (regional semis, 4th rd) and 13 of the last 17 years (failed to make regional tourney in 2006, 2011, 2013, 2014). With a win Tuesday, the Tigers will be playing for the regional championship for the 11th time in the past 17 seasons. (won it in 2008, 2010, 2016, 2017, 2018; lost in 2005, 2007, 2012, 2015, 2019)

I admit, I didn't think this year's team would continue that streak.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yep.  Silsbee’s three freshmen vs United’s two freshman (Dotson and Payia).

Some freshmen aren't really freshmen with all the AAU & off season ball they play. I noticed that with Devon McCain & Jay Adams when they were freshmen. Then came Bre Bush who shattered freshmen expectations. 

All these middle school players they see all that, and they want to do the same thing.

Kids have done a lot of growing up these past few games. I predicted 3 rounds this year maybe. Was worried we wouldn't get that far considering who opponent number 2 was. Some people didn't think we'd beat Hamshire Fannett.

Anything beyond this is just gravy.

Although I would find it amusing if we managed to get a game with Stafford this year after all.