Hardin-Jefferson 57 China Spring 47/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Hardin-Jefferson 57 China Spring 47/FINAL
16 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I wasn’t at the game, I see a lot of people complaining about the refs, I have to ask, did they call a bunch of two hand body check fouls? Or was it contact in the paint, what type of fouls were getting called?

I only listened to the broadcast.  There were  a lot of calls on them during the press, AND a lot of calls on shots in the paint.  They just called it tight all the way around.  They called a ton on CS as well, who had two players foul out.  That said, the refs calling it that way definitely benefited CS.  It slowed down HJs press some, and bailed CS out of some turnovers.  They also got a lot of points from the line when they were struggling to score from the field.  The announcer made it sound like there were more no-calls that benefited CS than HJ, but each team probably had 25 fouls for the game 

6 minutes ago, OneChance said:

I wasn’t at the game, I see a lot of people complaining about the refs, I have to ask, did they call a bunch of two hand body check fouls? Or was it contact in the paint, what type of fouls were getting called?

Example #1: loose ball, HJ player dives for the ball, and CS player falls on top of HJ player. CS player obviously knocks the ball out of bounds. Ref right next to it says HJ ball. Another ref all the way across court, comes and overturns the call. 

Example #2: I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. We are up 10 with about a minute to go in the game. CS inbounds the ball to a CS player, THEN they pass it to another CS player who was FULLY out of bounds. Not a foot or hair out, she was fully out. Then she throws it back in.  SERIOUSLY? Right in front of the ref too. 

A win is a win at the end of the day. Glad the Lady Hawks didn’t fold in adversity! On to round 5! 

Good win by HJ. The reason for all of the complaints about the refs was their inconsistencies and anticipation calls. Touch fouls on one end, which is fine as long as those calls are the same on the other end lol.  Falling down doesn’t always mean you were fouled lol. One ref couldn’t even get up and down the court and considering the pace that’s always bad especially when he starts calling fouls in the paint when he isn’t even past half court yet smh. But on the other hand HJ needed to see some adversity. They continued to play for each other and helped each other thru. Great team win! On to the next one!

5 minutes ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

Good win by HJ. The reason for all of the complaints about the refs was their inconsistencies and anticipation calls. Touch fouls on one end, which is fine as long as those calls are the same on the other end lol.  Falling down doesn’t always mean you were fouled lol. One ref couldn’t even get up and down the court and considering the pace that’s always bad especially when he starts calling fouls in the paint when he isn’t even past half court yet smh. But on the other hand HJ needed to see some adversity. They continued to play for each other and helped each other thru. Great team win! On to the next one!

Great win HJ.  Keep it going.  Also to the fans, quit complaining about the officiating.  Jesus.  Give some credit to CS for playing a tough game.  

1 hour ago, Bird33 said:

Great win HJ.  Keep it going.  Also to the fans, quit complaining about the officiating.  Jesus.  Give some credit to CS for playing a tough game.  

I agree! But you know that fans complaining about refs comes with the territory lol.  CS played a tough game. Their post is SOLID! CS also did not miss Ft’s, HJ missed 15 or so. 

16 hours ago, HawkPride4life said:

Example #1: loose ball, HJ player dives for the ball, and CS player falls on top of HJ player. CS player obviously knocks the ball out of bounds. Ref right next to it says HJ ball. Another ref all the way across court, comes and overturns the call. 

Example #2: I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. We are up 10 with about a minute to go in the game. CS inbounds the ball to a CS player, THEN they pass it to another CS player who was FULLY out of bounds. Not a foot or hair out, she was fully out. Then she throws it back in.  SERIOUSLY? Right in front of the ref too. 

A win is a win at the end of the day. Glad the Lady Hawks didn’t fold in adversity! On to round 5! 

You can inbound the ball to another player that is out of bounds after a made basket. You can run the baseline, or pass to someone else out of bound on the baseline.