Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL

BADSANTA

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I do.  That was the dumbest rule ever and cost Silsbee a share of the district championship.  But you are right...once they instituted that asinine rule and enforced it against Vidor, there was no going back.  I am assuming this is the first time it’s arisen these playoffs or any team who got screwed is going to have a helluva beef with the uil.  

You are right. I didnt like the rule but they made it.

13 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I do.  That was the dumbest rule ever and cost Silsbee a share of the district championship.  But you are right...once they instituted that asinine rule and enforced it against Vidor, there was no going back.  I am assuming this is the first time it’s arisen these playoffs or any team who got screwed is going to have a helluva beef with the uil.  

The more I hear the more I would like to know if other teams have had any COVID issues in the playoffs so far both on the boys and girls side.

15 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I think Harris is very Adams like. He's lean and can jump and get to the rim pretty easy. He's currently a sometimes good 3 point shooter as well. You better look out if/when he gets bigger and better.

Miller isn't really McCain like at the moment. He's more blue collar and not very flashy. Nothing wrong with that as long as it gets the job done. Also, unlike McCain, football will be taking up a lot of his time. Not sure if that will affect his b-ball game at all or not.

He plays basketball ALL summer for multiple teams. Basketball is his sport, he also plays football. He suffered a stress fracture in his hip and hasn't fully recovered. Next year he will be bringing down the house...

3 minutes ago, Who That said:

Did coach Sig have a say so in this game change..

Team meeting yesterday we have to play Friday. im concerend because it hasn't been enough time, but UIL will not support waiting. they are leaving it up to the counties to follow their guidelines, not setting a standard to be followed. 

7 minutes ago, EliteTiger said:

Team meeting yesterday we have to play Friday. im concerend because it hasn't been enough time, but UIL will not support waiting. they are leaving it up to the counties to follow their guidelines, not setting a standard to be followed. 

They shouldn’t have had to wait. The uil should have enforced the rules it had set.

I just hope the game will still be on Texan Live.

No way I can make a 5:30 time on a Friday.

He suffered a stress fracture in his hip and hasn't fully recovered. Next year he will be bringing down the house...

Was not aware of this.

That's very bad news for teams Silsbee will be playing next year 👍

8 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Not at all fair is fair Silsbee was exposed to Covid-19 the whole varsity team had to set out for 2 games if not more I guess nothing will ever be fair they can play within the 5-7 day rule but our varsity had to set out the entire week I guess special is awarded to certain teams more than others lol.

That sounds like an issue with the DEC. It really looks like you guys are really afraid to play a full strength Yates team. Just lace them up tomorrow and lets see what it do!

1 minute ago, Yeoj said:

That sounds like an issue with the DEC. It really looks like you guys are really afraid to play a full strength Yates team. Just lace them up tomorrow and lets see what it do!

Silsbee has never been afraid to play anyone and wont be.  Those players would rather lose to a full strength team than hear the only reason they won was a virus.  And as far as our situation in district that was with the DEC, i didnt like the rule but it was what was in place and they had already set the precedent with vidor.  Would not have been right for us to receive any different.  Just like this is a situation wher the uil should have stuck with the rules they set in place and they probably would have if it had been a Mason vs Llano but didnt with it being one of those large city teams.

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

Silsbee has never been afraid to play anyone and wont be.  Those players would rather lose to a full strength team than hear the only reason they won was a virus.  And as far as our situation in district that was with the DEC, i didnt like the rule but it was what was in place and they had already set the precedent with vidor.  Would not have been right for us to receive any different.  Just like this is a situation wher the uil should have stuck with the rules they set in place and they probably would have if it had been a Mason vs Llano but didnt with it being one of those large city teams.

I said the fans, not the players. The decision has been made. All this whining isn't going to change anything. So giving the entire situation, you really think it would be fair for Silsbee to play Yates JV and Freshman in the the second round of the playoffs? If you do, then you sir just want an advantage for your team. Smdh...

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

What was the outcome of the fight or non fight, or the non physical altercation or shoving match that occurred at the end of the HJ Game a week or two ago.Did the UIL get involved or was it written off as a misunderstanding between to completive teams going for a loss ball at the end of the game and for some reason a few adults from the stands was on the court. I can only imagine what the outcome would have been if it was a Yates Team  ??? 

• WOSgrad changed the title to Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL