Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL

BADSANTA

27 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I think Harris is very Adams like. He's lean and can jump and get to the rim pretty easy. He's currently a sometimes good 3 point shooter as well. You better look out if/when he gets bigger and better.

Miller isn't really McCain like at the moment. He's more blue collar and not very flashy. Nothing wrong with that as long as it gets the job done. Also, unlike McCain, football will be taking up a lot of his time. Not sure if that will affect his b-ball game at all or not.

ANNOUNCEMENT! 
Basketball Game changed to Friday at 5:30 at Dayton high school.

18 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

ANNOUNCEMENT! 
Basketball Game changed to Friday at 5:30 at Dayton high school.

This should not be allowed unless the 4 teams from this round and the next that would face each other agreed to a tourney type situation per the uils calendar.  But I have been told that is the case.  Hmmmm.

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Did they move the game time because of Covid concerns? I’m going with Silsbee to pull the upset, Tigers by 5.

Yes Yates was exposed in their game saturday.  By rules they are supposed to sit out 7 days and have to have a negative test after 5 days before participating.  From what i have been told HiSD has fought to move this game to friday to try to circumvent that rule and the playoff schedule to keep yates from having to use their jv and freshmen.  Now anyone knows that i am anti big city schools and what goes on there as far as transfers etc.  But i will say i hate to see this covid crap messing up anyones season, but the rules set should be what is followed.  No exceptions should be made.  Would it have been fair in our district to have let us reschedule our games after you were forced to forfeit yours?

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

Yes Yates was exposed in their game saturday.  By rules they are supposed to sit out 7 days and have to have a negative test after 5 days before participating.  From what i have been told HiSD has fought to move this game to friday to try to circumvent that rule and the playoff schedule to keep yates from having to use their jv and freshmen.  Now anyone knows that i am anti big city schools and what goes on there as far as transfers etc.  But i will say i hate to see this covid crap messing up anyones season, but the rules set should be what is followed.  No exceptions should be made.  Would it have been fair in our district to have let us reschedule our games after you were forced to forfeit yours?

I do believe your district has a rule that doesn't allow reschedule games during district play, "I could be totally wrong".  Rules are written to be circumvented and changed (College Sports, NBA, NFL, MLB) It's the America Way lol

2 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I do believe your district has a rule that doesn't allow reschedule games during district play, "I could be totally wrong".  Rules are written to be circumvented and changed (College Sports, NBA, NFL, MLB) It's the America Way lol

Exactly just like the uil set rules we couldnt change ours theirs shouldnt be allowed either.

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have no problem with our district..

I do.  That was the dumbest rule ever and cost Silsbee a share of the district championship.  But you are right...once they instituted that asinine rule and enforced it against Vidor, there was no going back.  I am assuming this is the first time it’s arisen these playoffs or any team who got screwed is going to have a helluva beef with the uil.  

• WOSgrad changed the title to Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL