Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL

BADSANTA

Just now, ST413 said:

Hard to predict this one.....depends on what Silsbee team shows up.  But even more so it depends on what yates team shows up.  If Yates was exposed to covid Saturday like has been stated they must play their jv and freshmen per uil rules which state you must be out 7 days and have a negative test after 5 days.  

I haven't heard anything but they will play their entire team. 

Yates by 15.

I don't think this team is ready for a Yates showdown yet. Our two best players are 14-15 year olds.

One thing is for sure, kids have got to stay out of foul trouble. Game could get ugly if they don't.

If there's any bright side to look on, Yates won't be the worse thing Silsbee has seen this year having played United twice.

Hopefully next season a Silsbee/Yates game in its proper setting in Huntsville will be a real contest.

Just going over some Yates games and there are some interesting scores. What happened that first Wheatly game? They missing players? A few others also look off compared to what they usually would be.

Still, all that matters is how you're playing right now. Best case scenario is good Silsbee and bad Yates shows up tomorrow.

1 hour ago, JayBilas said:

Yates by 20 plus. I know you guys are homers and all, but the reality is that THIS Silsbee team is too young, and too small to play with Yates and if they try to play fast against this team, they will get beat by 40. Simple as that

I have seen Silsbee teams deal with Yates in a fast game before.  Those were different players and teams, but the same coaches and approaches.  I saw Silsbee press Yates so hard and so good coach Wise stopped running.  They started walking the ball up and shooting 3s.  So that tells me it can be done.

Silsbee Tiger Nation Twitter Page indicated the following "Stay tuned for Silsbee Basketball Area Playoff rescheduled. Dates and times will be posted as soon as they are finalized'.  Don't know if this is accurate or just Twitter Talk, it was posted at 10:35am this morning. I have not heard anything from Yates about rescheduling the game.

I think Harris is very Adams like. He's lean and can jump and get to the rim pretty easy. He's currently a sometimes good 3 point shooter as well. You better look out if/when he gets bigger and better.

Miller isn't really McCain like at the moment. He's more blue collar and not very flashy. Nothing wrong with that as long as it gets the job done. Also, unlike McCain, football will be taking up a lot of his time. Not sure if that will affect his b-ball game at all or not.

• WOSgrad changed the title to Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL