Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL

BADSANTA

18 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I want to be clear, you are saying that a HJ Player was Suspended ??? That’s funny because several people on this site was saying that No Fight Occurred, eye witnesses said nothing happened to warrant a suspending. 

I was about as close as anyone buying a ticket could be and I didn’t see anything that warranted a suspension but I don’t make those decisions. I did find it curious that only one player was suspended for fighting. I have a few scars of my own but never got one shadow boxing. 

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

I was about as close as anyone buying a ticket could be and I didn’t see anything that warranted a suspension but I don’t make those decisions. I did find it curious that only one player was suspended for fighting. I have a few scars of my own but never got one shadow boxing. 

Did Huffman not suspend their kid that was involved??

19 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Again your own district cost you those loses not The UIL

This is actually correct.  The uil allowed them to make their own rules.   It’s a double-edged sword - we often b&jch about the uil not being flexible and then do the same thing when they are.  As stated before, as long as no other schools were negatively impacted by the initial rule, I don’t have a problem with it being changed for the BENEFIT OF THE KIDS.   But if one school was already forced to play under that rule (ala the Vidor Pirates in our district here), then you can’t change it.  I’m assuming that’s the not the case since we haven’t heard of it.  So LET THEM PLAY and have a great, healthy game tonight.   

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

I was told more to this by someone very close to the situation.  I will not say anything as far as that because i wasnt told i could.  But i can say i saw arms fly for a punch to be thrown and a player was suspended.  And i now have more respect for Coach Davis.

45 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I was told more to this by someone very close to the situation.  I will not say anything as far as that because i wasnt told i could.  But i can say i saw arms fly for a punch to be thrown and a player was suspended.  And i now have more respect for Coach Davis.

If there were punches thrown Coach Davis absolutely did the right thing. If there were punches thrown from both directions there should have have been more than 1 suspension. I honestly never saw a punch.

4 hours ago, whsalum said:

Link?

• WOSgrad changed the title to Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL