Silsbee 99 Houston Jack Yates 84/FINAL

BADSANTA

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Maaaaan, I really thought they were a year away.  I’m hoping for a L’town/Silsbee rubber match.  

They are, but this region is waaaaay down.  I hope they make it to state, but I don’t think it’ll be pretty if they get there.  I was expecting Yates to go and take the beating for the region.  But that’s why you play the game, so if they go anything can happen.  

Great win Tigers!!! Came out firing on all cylinders!!  Took it to Yates early and didn’t let up!!  Great poise in the fourth when the game got tight.  Impressive play tonight by the Tigers big man Jayce Jones!!! Played big and strong underneath.  Tigers led by their 2 freshmen but got big help and leadership tonight from the 2 Srs. Gilder and Baltrip.  It’s all about Yates pressure and the Tigers handled it well.  However it didn’t look like Yates had faced pressure like the Tigers applied at all.  They didn’t handle it near as well as the Tigers did.  Couldn’t be more proud of my Young Tigers it’s going to be an exciting few years once again.

Just now, no-look said:

Tomorrow could be a trap game?  Huge emotional high tonight. Got to avoid a low that sometimes follows. Wharton should be more rested...

I see a slow start for Silsbee. Just hope it's not too slow of a start.

Their style of play can give Silsbee fits. Yates style is what the Tigers (young cats) love to do.

Thing for me about this game: Yates couldn't handle Silsbee pressure, now Silsbee had it's issues with Yates press but overall they couldn't handle Silsbee's, Silsbee had more HEART than Yates, halftime was the best thing that happened to Silsbee in the first half cause Yates was on it's way to making a run. Yates couldn't handle Harris, Miller or Baltrip. Yates big man started off soft 1st half but was ok 2nd half, just fouled out too early. 

To the person from Yates that told me they wasn't that usual Yates team I finally believe you after watching them, you were right. 

Go Tigers, bust arse tomorrow!

32 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Great win Tigers!!! Came out firing on all cylinders!!  Took it to Yates early and didn’t let up!!  Great poise in the fourth when the game got tight.  Impressive play tonight by the Tigers big man Jayce Jones!!! Played big and strong underneath.  Tigers led by their 2 freshmen but got big help and leadership tonight from the 2 Srs. Gilder and Baltrip.  It’s all about Yates pressure and the Tigers handled it well.  However it didn’t look like Yates had faced pressure like the Tigers applied at all.  They didn’t handle it near as well as the Tigers did.  Couldn’t be more proud of my Young Tigers it’s going to be an exciting few years once again.

Something you said struck me. 

"....led by their 2 freshmen...."

Wow.  Deja vu all over again.