Silsbee 68 Hamshire-Fannett 45/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 hours ago, ST413 said:

DYton will probably be online tickets...

The real hold up is a belt is making a noise in my 02 truck.  Some days I feel it's a classic, some days a hoopty beater truck.  I may get it fixed by then, or maybe not.  That's the beauty of being retired, I move when I wanna move.

30 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I thought about that. I should of mentioned Deandre Hopkins and the Beard.

It’s a shame what has become of the Texans and the Rockets... at least the Stros still have a glimmer of hope. Although that cheating thing didn’t go over too well and Verlander is already done for the year.

I’ll add something here to stay on topic, I figured Silsbee would win but they went on out and dominated the game. I think they are just starting to hit their stride this season and I wouldn’t be surprised if they go far. I know nothing about Yates but people say they use a heavy pressure defense. I don’t see how you can have a more aggressive press defense than what Silsbee can apply without fouling everybody out. Should be a very interesting game, I think the Tigers keep it close if not pull the upset. One think is for sure, it will be a battle of endurance and Silsbee seems pretty deep to me. Maybe not Yates deep, I heard they have like 30 dudes on the bench... But Silsbee doesn’t lose much when they substitute, at least not on the defensive end.

23 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

It’s a shame what has become of the Texans and the Rockets... at least the Stros still have a glimmer of hope. Although that cheating thing didn’t go over too well and Verlander is already done for the year.

I’ll add something here to stay on topic, I figured Silsbee would win but they went on out and dominated the game. I think they are just starting to hit their stride this season and I wouldn’t be surprised if they go far. I know nothing about Yates but people say they use a heavy pressure defense. I don’t see how you can have a more aggressive press defense than what Silsbee can apply without fouling everybody out. Should be a very interesting game, I think the Tigers keep it close if not pull the upset. One think is for sure, it will be a battle of endurance and Silsbee seems pretty deep to me. Maybe not Yates deep, I heard they have like 30 dudes on the bench... But Silsbee doesn’t lose much when they substitute, at least not on the defensive end.

Yates has a more aggressive defense, Yates will press for 32 minutes with a 18 Man Roster.  It's the only way they know how to play defense, give up easy baskets to keep the flow running up and down like a track meet.

30 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

You are right about this Tiger team.....however we are very young and it will be the first time dealing with a team like Yates.  Now we can apply just as much pressure as they do but where we may have trouble is dealing with their pressure and still being able to apply ours.  Legs will get tired and decision making of our youngsters will be tested.  To most anyone it will be a surprise if we can make it a real good game.   With that said i have faith in my young Tigers and know they will give it all they can.  I wont be surprised to see this one either way.  Unfortunately i dont know if i will even make the trip with a 5:30 start time.  I would miss the first 20 minutes or so and unless i get tickets online wouldnt want to make the trip and get turned away.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

You are right about this Tiger team.....however we are very young and it will be the first time dealing with a team like Yates.  Now we can apply just as much pressure as they do but where we may have trouble is dealing with their pressure and still being able to apply ours.  Legs will get tired and decision making of our youngsters will be tested.  To most anyone it will be a surprise if we can make it a real good game.   With that said i have faith in my young Tigers and know they will give it all they can.  I wont be surprised to see this one either way.  Unfortunately i dont know if i will even make the trip with a 5:30 start time.  I would miss the first 20 minutes or so and unless i get tickets online wouldnt want to make the trip and get turned away.

I’m sure the game will be broadcast in some form correct? I hope so, I want to watch this one or at least listen to it.

3 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Yates has a more aggressive defense, Yates will press for 32 minutes with a 18 Man Roster.  It's the only way they know how to play defense, give up easy baskets to keep the flow running up and down like a track meet.

Good points but I’m interested in if JY can handle the pressure that Silsbee will bring. I’m sure they have played a tough schedule, have they faced aggressive defensive teams like Silsbee? Does Yates have elite guard play to deal with it? I’m not saying they can’t handle it, maybe they can maybe they won’t. I know nothing about them so I’m depending on you for info. I have only have seen Silsbee and I know they can bring it.