Silsbee 68 Hamshire-Fannett 45/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

These days those schools don't have a chance unless they find a coach who knows how to hook it all up.   Houston smaller school basketball is mostly warm up for the playoffs time for Yates.  One exception could be Stafford.

Those schools are located in The Big City with a large population to choose from and 5A with Wiltrip & Sharpstown, 6A Heights 

6 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Driving home from Beaumont to get my popcorn and coke ready for these predictions on The Silsbee vs Yates Game 

Safe travels.  Thanks for coming down. 

By the way, the Yates by 16 I can buy.  I haven’t been able to see the Lions this season and only really know 2 of your kids’ games for sure.  I would say Yates by 9 but that is a complete guess, other than looking at scores.  If the youngsters from Silsbee catch fire they can make it a game and maybe pull the upset.  If they cave to the relentless pressure, could get ugly.  -9 is just a hedge. 

After this year though, Yates is going to need to step up that recruiting game and bolster the lineup to keep up with the maturing Tigers.  Next year may be tricky with Mr Griggs having another year left.  But still plenty of talent to go around in H town.  

1 minute ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Those schools are located in The Big City with a large population to choose from and 5A with Wiltrip & Sharpstown, 6A Heights 

That paradigm was broken 2 decades ago. Today you have AAU or off season ball, twitter, what's app, SC.  All the real players know which schools will get them seen by recruiters for the next level. Waltrip, Houston Heights are not those schools.  I grew up in the greater golden triangle but I've been in Houston, alas for a score and some good change. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Safe travels.  Thanks for coming down. 

By the way, the Yates by 16 I can buy.  I haven’t been able to see the Lions this season and only really know 2 of your kids’ games for sure.  I would say Yates by 9 but that is a complete guess, other than looking at scores.  If the youngsters from Silsbee catch fire they can make it a game.  If they cave to the relentless pressure, could get ugly.  -9 is just a hedge. 

Don’t fall prey with the final score from Yates, end of the first qtr Sat it was 31-11 then Coach Wise plays with the line up through out the game. It’s no secret Yates will pressure the ball and Chuks will guard the paint. I observed a few Tigers tonight breathing a little heavy, it will definitely be a track meet Thurs

29 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Don’t fall prey with the final score from Yates, end of the first qtr Sat it was 31-11 then Coach Wise plays with the line up through out the game. It’s no secret Yates will pressure the ball and Chuks will guard the paint. I observed a few Tigers tonight breathing a little heavy, it will definitely be a track meet Thurs

Again, Yates is a senior lead team, Silsbee is very very young. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Silsbee 68 Hamshire-Fannett 45/FINAL
1 hour ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Silsbee played well!!! Man HF coach lost his cool he should have been tech up 3-4 times 

I'm a big supporter of all kids in setx. I've seen HF play 4 times this year.and I think the coach gets a little out of control sometimes.he has to remember there are kids watching what he does.tonite was no different.i was at the BC game.sometimes cooler heads prevail.

Just now, dj said:

I'm a big supporter of all kids in setx. I've seen HF play 4 times this year.and I think the coach gets a little out of control sometimes.he has to remember there are kids watching what he does.tonite was no different.i was at the BC game.sometimes cooler heads prevail.

He prob should have gotten ejected tonight, can’t believe the refs didn’t toss him. 

4 hours ago, Kountzer said:

They lost to some school in East Texas. Pine tree or something like that.

Like I said it was team from East Texas.  I followed that Silsbee team as closely as I could., I saw them play 2 or 3 games.  They defended that #1 & undefeated fiercely, maybe too much so.  The last part of the season you could feel their momentum start to slow down.  Perhaps that 1st round bye hurt more than it helped, IDK.  I mean, I can't tell you what they ate for lunch that day.  Circumstances considered, not too many followed that team as much as I did.