Just Wanted to Share

Hagar

My son was ordained as a Deacon in the Catholic Church Saturday, Feb 20th, in Houston.  He had six years of study and classes to prepare.  My wife and I are proud of him, and feel confident he’ll be a strong ally for Christ.

I know some of you look down on the Catholic denomination.  Just be aware that Catholics are Christians trying to please God like other denominations.   My prayers are that all Christians will grow stronger in their faith, as Christians, not as Catholics, Baptist, or whichever denomination you may be.  God Bless!

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

My son was ordained as a Deacon in the Catholic Church Saturday, Feb 20th, in Houston.  He had six years of study and classes to prepare.  My wife and I are proud of him, and feel confident he’ll be a strong ally for Christ.

I know some of you look down on the Catholic denomination.  Just be aware that Catholics are Christians trying to please God like other denominations.   My prayers are that all Christians will grow stronger in their faith, as Christians, not as Catholics, Baptist, or whichever denomination you may be.  God Bless!

Congrats. You did a fine job raising a son. I’m a Methodist and mess up the repeats at Catholic weddings. lol. Your son will do fine. 

3 minutes ago, baddog said:

Congrats. You did a fine job raising a son. I’m a Methodist and mess up the repeats at Catholic weddings. lol. Your son will do fine. 

Thanks baddog.  When he returned home after 7 years in the Marines, he had quit going to Church during that time.  Once he married and had his first child on the way, he came back strong.  We thank God for that.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Thanks baddog.  When he returned home after 7 years in the Marines, he had quit going to Church during that time.  Once he married and had his first child on the way, he came back strong.  We thank God for that.

Family has a way of getting young men back in line with a purpose with no doubt, thanks to God.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

ok, whatever.

Don’t you wonder what the point of that post was?   I just wanted to share a proud, happy moment in my life, and then that.  I will continue praying for all who proclaim to be followers of Christ.  Heaven knows, we all need prayers.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Don’t you wonder what the point of that post was?   I just wanted to share a proud, happy moment in my life, and then that.  I will continue praying for all who proclaim to be followers of Christ.  Heaven knows, we all need prayers.

Amen Hagar. 
Also, much respect for you for taking the high road. 

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Kountzer is of the opinion that only Seventh Day Adventists earn a trip to Heaven.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:37 PM, Hagar said:

Congratulations. Having a child devoted to Christ is a blessing regardless denomination. You have raised him right.

19 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Congratulations. Having a child devoted to Christ is a blessing regardless denomination. You have raised him right.

Thanks PF.   He spent 7 years in the Marine Corp, and spiritually he had lost his way, but when he married he came back to the Church, even stronger.   Wife and I are thrilled.