Bridge City 54 Hardin-Jefferson 49/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

Just for grins I’ll use a Houston Scarborough football team that made school history a few years back when they made the playoffs going 1-9 on the season and 0-4 in their conference. Sometimes we need to dig a little deeper into historical data 😂. I’ve beat this horse to death 😂😂

And continue to go off on your own tangent, but carry on sir 😂🤣

6 minutes ago, Cougar1999 said:

Their principal did, but their coach was behind it all along with the Huffman staff and assistant superintendent. I guess he thought I was nobody and folks he was cool with wouldn't say anything to me

Gotcha.  

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago where a very well respected local coach was playing puppet master with another school to try and keep my kid from playing.  Unfortunately for him, he didn’t realize I had known a couple of superintendents in that district most of my life. So we were lucky and it didn’t end well for those trying to improve their team’s chances by doing a kid dirty.  

Just now, whsalum said:

Excuse me I thought this was a message board. Should I ask your permission to speak? 

No - that’s why I said carry on.  You are entitled to continue to beat an irrelevant horse and confuse an objective discussion with a subjective one. It is completely your right to do so on this message board.  

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

No - that’s why I said carry on.  You are entitled to continue to beat an irrelevant horse and confuse an objective discussion with a subjective one. It is completely your right to do so on this message board.  

Thank you sir. Maybe some day I will measure up to the lofty bar you set .

3 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

You will never measure up as long as you continue to call particular teams as "average" lol 

Look his team whose coach you don’t care for is eliminated.  You just make sure if you guys get Huffman, your Lions let them know “karma is a B.”   Tell Wise when they hit a hundred, hit that gas even harder.   They are all below average compared to JY. 

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

Yes sir I would consider BC an average team 

Based off of this logic are there any teams in the area besides Beaumont United that are not average? 

I don't think anybody gave the scarborough team you speak of credit for making  history (In a positive way) that comparison is apples and oranges to this Bridge City team. 

38 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Look his team whose coach you don’t care for is eliminated.  You just make sure if you guys get Huffman, your Lions let them know “karma is a B.”   Tell Wise when they hit a hundred, hit that gas even harder.   They are all below average compared to JY. 

This year is not JY Year, giving up to many points and I doubt if we score 100 moving forward in the playoffs.  Yates has to take this thing game by game.  

4 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

Based off of this logic are there any teams in the area besides Beaumont United that are not average? 

I don't think anybody gave the scarborough team you speak of credit for making  history (In a positive way) that comparison is apples and oranges to this Bridge City team. 

I think you misread my logic. I give BC all the credit in the world for winning the Bi District round. They came out and played hard and didn’t quit and deserved the win. My point was the playoff format is so watered down these days that being history making isn’t always a great team accomplishment. There are several teams in our area who are above average this year. Huffman, EC, New Waverly are 3 that come to mind. I would even say when you look at an entire seasons work that HJ was above average. In the playoffs all that doesn’t count if you don’t show up and play your best basketball. 

57 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I think you misread my logic. I give BC all the credit in the world for winning the Bi District round. They came out and played hard and didn’t quit and deserved the win. My point was the playoff format is so watered down these days that being history making isn’t always a great team accomplishment. There are several teams in our area who are above average this year. Huffman, EC, New Waverly are 3 that come to mind. I would even say when you look at an entire seasons work that HJ was above average. In the playoffs all that doesn’t count if you don’t show up and play your best basketball. 

Hard to say how high school players will react to the playoffs. They also lost one of their best players.  That did not help.

8 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

Boys? East Chambers is above average. Hard to tell how good they really are because they haven’t really played anyone . But that’s about it

3 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Boys? East Chambers is above average. Hard to tell how good they really are because they haven’t really played anyone . But that’s about it

The teams I mentioned are above average. They may not be San Antonio good but they ain’t shabby. There’s several 2a clubs that are above average up north of here but they are all in the same district.